PDA

View Full Version : JambTac wireless connectors

Ontario55
01-20-2021, 11:01 AM
I'm needing new JambTac wireless connectors or also known as wireless door jamb connectors
Keep It Simple has a unit and when I called Painless they no longer sell them
Is there an alternative without going back to a wire and hiding it in a tube/ plastic conduit or hiding the wire in the hinge?
Is the unit from Keep It Simple what everybody is using?
Thxs

WagonCrazy
01-20-2021, 02:13 PM
Not sure Ontario55.

There is a market for someone to custom mill a lower hinge that has the hidden wire slot. Know anyone with CNC capabilities and design software? Imagine new hinges in polished stainless...

Ontario55
01-20-2021, 04:31 PM
Not sure Ontario55.

There is a market for someone to custom mill a lower hinge that has the hidden wire slot. Know anyone with CNC capabilities and design software? Imagine new hinges in polished stainless...

https://www.danchuk.com/ItemForm.aspx?Item=18128

Rick_L
01-20-2021, 06:40 PM
The Jamtac style conductors are not known for reliable use, and at best the pieces in the door and the A pillar must line up with accuracy which is difficult.

WagonCrazy
01-21-2021, 05:38 AM
Thanks Ontario. I may just be in the market for a pair of those soon...

Ontario55
01-21-2021, 11:20 AM
The Jamtac style conductors are not known for reliable use, and at best the pieces in the door and the A pillar must line up with accuracy which is difficult.
I'm having issues with my connectors and will need to replace them. I may end up gong to the machined door hinge that allows for the wires to lay in a groove.

Old Buzzard
01-24-2021, 05:55 PM
These?
Posted for description only.
I'd not recommend anyone buying from these guys...
Chevy Door Hinges, With Hidden Wiring Harness, 1955-1957 (classicchevy.com) (https://www.classicchevy.com/chevy-door-hinges-with-hidden-wiring-harness-1955-1957-57-162476-1.html)

Used to be one of the members on the other board, that did that. Not sure if he still does.
(128) Hinges for Wiring Passageway to Doors | Chevy Tri Five Forum (https://www.trifive.com/threads/hinges-for-wiring-passageway-to-doors.158052/#post-1726779)

NickP
01-24-2021, 07:38 PM
I'm needing new JambTac wireless connectors or also known as wireless door jamb connectors
Keep It Simple has a unit and when I called Painless they no longer sell them
Is there an alternative without going back to a wire and hiding it in a tube/ plastic conduit or hiding the wire in the hinge?
Is the unit from Keep It Simple what everybody is using?
Thxs

What feature needs to be repaired? I might be able to repair what you have but would need a set for dimensions and an accurate description of the malady.

Ontario55
01-25-2021, 06:04 AM
What feature needs to be repaired? I might be able to repair what you have but would need a set for dimensions and an accurate description of the malady.
Inconsistant and intermittent, connection not being made. I'm replacing power window motors and re-doing the interior so now is the time for a new unit
Thxs