PDA

View Full Version : What color is the 57 metal heater/defroster air diffuser ?

nomad
05-30-2021, 05:37 AM
Can anyone tell me the correct color the metal heater/defroster air diffuser is ? this piece connects directly to the heater core on one end, and is shaped kind of like a horn?

BamaNomad
05-30-2021, 06:09 AM
If I'm imagining the correct part you're asking about, I believe it should be 'black'... semi/flat/gloss...

nomad
05-30-2021, 09:56 AM
Bama, mine is black and appears to be factory I believe it has louer's in it to let the air out . My car had the black/silver interior in it , but we are changing it over to the Turquoise/Black interior. To make matter's more confusing I am going with the Black Dash , and black window garnish molding's , and Black Linoleum on the cargo area .

BamaNomad
05-30-2021, 09:05 PM
I do not believe 'interior color' had any impact on the color of the under-behind-dash heater or ac components. Your original 'black' should be correct regardless of color you do the interior...

nomad
06-09-2021, 05:13 AM
Bama , thank's again . It's hard to repicate that factory look and mines black like i said . Knowing that the interior color dose not affect this piece is great info . When they painted things like this heater plenium from the factory i don't beleive they ever primed anything , they just shot it in black without priming the metal ?

BamaNomad
06-09-2021, 05:53 AM
I believe you are right, Domenic, as I've stripped a few of these parts in the past and I don't think I've ever seen any trace of a primer (unless it too was black?)..

PS. When I 'restore' a part, I like to replicate the 'look/appearance' of the factory look, but I am just as concerned on 'preservation and life' of the part, so I prime such parts as well. You might use a 'black primer' under whatever black paint you choose to use?