PDA

View Full Version : Help Me With Inner Fenders Please

210Chevy
10-29-2021, 12:10 PM
Hey; friends, need some help on the inner fenders for my chevy 210 2dr sedan post. I bought these from Carid “NOT CHEAP” and I can’t for the life of me figure out how they mount. I first thought attaching the inner to the outter fenders then mount them on the car but; that won’t work either. Look @ the red arrow I drew nothing matches up. Did they send me the wrong inner fenders or what? I’ve looked all over for a video can’t find one anywhere, any help is greatly appreciated. (see attached pictures)

The part#'s TF400342 & TF400343

BamaNomad
10-29-2021, 12:15 PM
William: Those inner fenders 'appear' to be correct for the 1957 Chevrolet, BUT you have them setting on the wrong side of the car. Try the other side ?? Where are you located? If you were close enough, I'd come give yuo a hand.. :) I'm in north Alabama... and you are ??
The TF400343, is for the Passenger Side apparently, and the 342 is for the drivers side per one site where I found those PN's.

Yes, $250 each is pretty expensive, and a lot more if you had them shipped to you. NOT a good way to buy such parts. I gave away two good used ones not very long ago, so knowing others with trifivies in your area is your BEST Way to go!

210Chevy
10-29-2021, 04:54 PM
Thanks again! Bama, I finally figured it out tonight I have both on the car now whew!!!! I live in Limestone, TN. about 1 1/2 hours from Knoxville TN. but; thanks for the offer friend. I ended up paying $647 shipped by Frieght Flatbed :(

BamaNomad
10-29-2021, 08:06 PM
There are lots of trifive fans in east Tennessee, William... You need to stop by a local show or cruisein and meet and make some friends.. (friends trading parts to help one another out makes it lots more possible for us to finish these old cars).. :)

Plan on making the trip to Pigeon Forge, TN next May for the Smokey Mountain Classics show... usually about the 3rd weekend in May (Thur-Fri-Sat-Sun) at the Christmas Inn... hope to see you there.