PDA

View Full Version : Danchuk (So Whats Next ?)

567chevys
02-15-2022, 12:02 PM
After 50 years Art and Dan Danchuk have decided to retire. Read the official announcement below.
After over five decades and millions of parts made and sold Art and Dan Danchuk are retiring. As this new chapter of Danchuk begins we will be returning to the roots of where Danchuk started and focus on our manufacturing and closing our retail operation on Friday March 11,2022. Danchuk will no longer sell directly to the public, but will focus solely on our dealers and supplying them with the same Made in America high quality parts our customers have been used to.

Danchuk would like to thank our thousands of customers that we have had the honor of serving over the last five decades. We encourage all of our customers to begin using our amazing dealers for all their Tri-Five needs.

markm
02-15-2022, 01:34 PM
Most of my purchases were from my local dealer anyway , so it may not change much.

55 Rescue Dog
02-15-2022, 04:06 PM
I have a great dealer 50 miles away at Merv's Classic Chevy parts in Iowa Falls. Otherwise, Summit if he doesn't have it. Most of the time he has it, and if small pieces he just sends it to me. For big pieces it's a nice 2-hour round trip with my rescue dog flying on the 4-lane.

Histoy56
02-16-2022, 05:11 AM
I get most of my parts from Sam's Chevy Parts in Moline, Il. They specialize in 55-57 parts. (309) 797-5757

markm
02-16-2022, 06:38 AM
I have a great dealer 50 miles away at Merv's Classic Chevy parts in Iowa Falls. Otherwise, Summit if he doesn't have it. Most of the time he has it, and if small pieces he just sends it to me. For big pieces it's a nice 2-hour round trip with my rescue dog flying on the 4-lane.

I have bought from him at the Lincoln Ne, swap meet.

WagonCrazy
02-16-2022, 08:15 PM
Big parking lot sale going on for the next couple of weeks at Danchuk's Santa Ana CA facility.
But it's not the parts THEY manufacture...
It's only parts they carried that are made by other companies.
20% off that stuff.

Histoy56
02-17-2022, 08:34 AM
Another place that I've used is H&H Classic Parts for Chevrolets in Bentonville Arkansas. (479) 787-5575

BamaNomad
02-17-2022, 08:41 AM
Although I didn't read it 'explicitly' in the Danchuk announcement, their backing off from 'end user' sales, and this big sale of 'other manufacturer's parts' implies that they will only handle the parts THEY manufacture from now on, which means that many of their distributors who got most of the parts they sold from Danchuk will need to establish relationships with the manufacturers for all their non-Danchuk parts (ie. Vintage Air for AC parts/systems, sheet metal parts, interior parts,etc)...

busterwivell
02-17-2022, 09:03 AM
I'm just going to call Woody's. They've been good to me in the past.

markm
02-17-2022, 09:12 AM
I too have used H&H with sucess.

Rick_L
02-17-2022, 11:01 AM
Me too on H&H.

I don't think any of the "good" Danchuk dealers were sourcing non-Danchuk parts through Danchuk. I.e., ones that had inventory, customer service, and decent pricing. That's called leaving money on the table.

markm
02-17-2022, 11:46 AM
Parking lot sale will most likely be Tee-Shirts, Ball Caps and Calfornia Car Dusters.

55 Rescue Dog
02-18-2022, 10:13 AM
If you get a chance, Merv's in Iowa Falls a few miles east of I-35, he has a beautiful store, showroom and shop out in the country. He has a 57 hardtop, Nomad, and convertible all in matching colors.

BamaNomad
02-18-2022, 12:23 PM
Merv has good taste in '57 colors.. :)

Was the trunk seat from the 'convertible'?? :)

55 Rescue Dog
02-18-2022, 01:36 PM
Merv has good taste in '57 colors.. :)

Was the trunk seat from the 'convertible'?? :)
No, I didn't have a picture of the convertible, but it was beautiful too.

markm
02-18-2022, 02:22 PM
Merv is obvously a 57 guy.

55 Rescue Dog
02-18-2022, 02:59 PM
Merv is obvously a 57 guy.
Except he is more into all 3 years in such a huge way! So much more than most people could ever dream of. All 3 of his cars were built with ton$ of Danchuk parts.
Most of the $hiney parts on my car came directly from him of which he had in stock. I just had to drive 50 miles to pick them up and check around for anything else that caught my eye.

markm
02-19-2022, 07:46 AM
I too drive about that distance to buy parts from a stocking vender to save on shipping, if I mail order its EBAY or H&H. I saved a ton on my new sedan doors by buying local.

55mike
02-20-2022, 09:25 AM
The only reason i would by directly from Danchuk was the fact their website was the most user friendly. Other than that, the typical vendors (Cliff's Classic Chevrolet, H&H, etc.. ) all have about the same stuff. Mostly Danchuk brand. So, support who you like... I don't see this announcement as a big deal.

Rocketman
02-20-2022, 10:16 AM
H&H are really good guys. They are now in the second generation running the company.

markm
02-21-2022, 06:43 AM
H&H are really good guys. They are now in the second generation running the company.

Ecklers Website also sucks, I think H&H is one of the better ones.

567chevys
11-21-2022, 03:57 PM
I'm sure all know this but got this as a email today

After 40 plus years the Danchuk’s have sold to Halladay Manufacturing. We are forever grateful to Art and Dan for creating their amazing parts and driving the industry forward. Also, for their trust in us to continue the tradition of making the best Tri Five Parts. We are a family run, veteran owned, American company with similar values and high-quality standards that made the Danchuk brand "World Famous". Please follow us on our social media, for exciting new content and events.

Danchuk Facebook

Danchuk Twitter

Danchuk Instagram

Although Danchuk has stopped selling directly to retail customers we are proud to be represented by our amazing dealers worldwide. In the coming months the Danchuk website will be revamped to list all the parts we offer along with a dealer locator that will allow customers to find their nearest dealer. For now see below for a complete list of
Dealers.

We appreciate everyone’s patience during this transition. For the Danchuk customers that still have gift cards, they are currently redeemable at Mutton Hollow Chevys. All gift cards have no cash value and may only be used towards purchase on any Mutton Hollow offered items. Also, be sure to call them when using your Gift Card as they are not accepted on their website.

BamaNomad
11-21-2022, 08:41 PM
Thanks for passing that along Sid. I take that as a positive indication that Halladay Manufacturing (having taken over Danchuk mfg) has intention to continue manufacturing the same parts...?

Troy
11-22-2022, 07:55 AM
I've been trying to call my local dealer and they've never answered the phone so I went over to they're location and it was closed up and looks like it's not operating!