PDA

View Full Version : Danchuk Ball joint

PastorJ
05-29-2022, 07:22 PM
I am replacing my original ball joints. i have then cut out. I went to replace them with the new ones from Danchuk tonight and notice the bolts will not fit through the wholes. I am assuming i have to drill them out bigger but wanted to check before i messed up an A Arm. Thanks for any insight

BamaNomad
05-29-2022, 07:37 PM
Explain what you meant by 'ball joints cut out'?? Are you referring to the original riveted ball joints? Generally you drill out or grind down the rivet head until you can punch them thru the hole. You should only drill the holes large enough to fit the new bolts which come with the 'bolt in ball joints'. Do you have the servicing instructions for this replacement?

Are you replacing just the lower ball joints (they are usually the first to wear out probably at twice the rate of the upper joints). If you are totally rebuilding the control arms, then you probably want to replace the control arm bushings also and then replace the ball joints with the control arms off the car.

PastorJ
05-31-2022, 03:50 PM
I am rebuilding everything. I have new bushing in. I did cut off the rivets for the originals. Thank you for the info on drilling out. i didnt see another option but didnt want to be buying new A arms