PDA

View Full Version : 1957 Chevrolet Belair horn spring contact

nomad
08-17-2022, 06:17 AM
I have been researching and found out that 55 and 56 and 58 use different horn related parts and 57 model 150 also has some specific horn related parts . I have purchased a replacement 1957 Belair horn contact parts kit , and am not happy with the Spring contact piece . the spring is no where as heavy as the original nor dose it have the same amount of loops . The contact is hollow on the end where the original is solid . Since this is the piece that wears out first , and you have to take your steering wheel off to fix this piece to have a working horn , you would think that a as good as original re-production piece would be available . This is why most people just slam an Ididit tilt column in the car and call it a day. For me the 1957 Chevrolet's were the epitome of " Cal Custom " when stock . They do not need Ididit steering columns , or Dakoda digital gauges . Perhaps" Lectra Motive "who started making T'3's and great quality replacement stainless steel door panel trim for the 57 Belair's would want to repro this" 1957 Belair only '' spring horn and contact , better than the original ones .

BamaNomad
08-17-2022, 06:35 AM
Dom,

The list of 'reproduction' parts that are better than, or even as good as, the original parts is extremely short... 'cheaply made' is their byword!