PDA

View Full Version : 1955 Nomad Eyebrow Chrome install

coloradocarguy
12-30-2022, 01:01 PM
Hello
I have a 1955 Chevy Nomad that was just finished up a years ago and it didn't have the eyebrow chrome. Now I have the eyebrow chrome and want to find someone in the Denver area to drill the holes again and install the eyebrow chrome.

Thanks for any help with this.

Bruce

chevynut
12-31-2022, 08:36 AM
Hello Bruce and welcome to the site. Nice looking 55 Nomad, and I hope you tell us some of it's history. It does look a little "naked" without the eyebrows and spears.

From what I can tell the car shops are all booked up for months. I would be really hesitant to take the car to a body shop for that work so a specialty rod shop is what I'd consider. why are there no holes in the fenders and doors now? Are those new fenders? Were the holes in the doors welded up? Those pieces really should have been fitted to the car before paint. I'm not 100% sure but I think some of the fasteners for the spears need to be installed with the fenders off unless the fasteners are some sort of push-in ones. And certainly the door panels would have to come off if you had to put nuts on the inside of the doors.

That said, the best way imo to locate the holes would be to find someone with a stock 55 Nomad without the eyebrows installed and take careful measurements. I happen to know of one in Windsor if that would help. Once the eyebrows are installed locating the holes for the spears should be fairly simple.

I don't know if he has the time to take it on, but one guy I would trust is Matt at Nice Rides Restoration in LaSalle. He is a 3-man shop, has a very reasonable shop rate, and works on a lot of high end cars.