PDA

View Full Version : Is trifive.com DEAD? It seems that the company VerticalScope who owns it... is KILLING it...

BamaNomad
02-24-2024, 07:03 AM
The prior enthusiast owner of trifive.com (Otis - who has been frequenting this site recently) sold the trifive.com site to a company Vertical Scope who has bought up every auto related enthusiast site they could the past few years, and thru their modifications to sell advertising, and eliminate functionality, are gradually killing them off! Most recently on the other site, it's now almost impossible to post photos ... and there are NO guidelines to what is allowed.. or NOT.... Just blank white space in place of the photos we post.

This is an opportunity for Sid (the owner here) to gain subscribers, and also an opportunity to perhaps SELL partnerships? or ?? to help support this site as an independent site for enthusiasts!

Gary / BamaNomad

BamaNomad
02-24-2024, 07:06 AM
Here is a link to a recent post on trifive.com which comes from a prior website that VS killed... It's long but informative.

https://www.trifive.com/threads/been-a-long-long-road.246068/page-3#post-2770821

markm
02-24-2024, 07:07 AM
Last weekend I could not open this site it has been fine since then.

Mister56
02-24-2024, 08:16 AM
i guess the 5 hour update was how long it took to drive the nail in the coffin

chevynut
02-24-2024, 10:28 AM
I haven't posted there since I think 2012 or 2013. I have over 12000 posts there. I recently tried to log on and couldn't do it. I sent a message to the admin asking what I had to do to get logged back on and never got a reply. It's probably the same assholes running it.

56ls408
02-25-2024, 04:50 AM
It's no better this morning on the site still most photos only end up as a blue box with a ? mark in it.

567chevys
02-25-2024, 12:42 PM
Last weekend I could not open this site it has been fine since then.

Last Weekend had to work on Site as Scammers found a way in through the back door
This site use's V Bulletin 4.2.5 and its no Longer supported so to do any thing is very hard , with that said more money to step up to V Bulletin 6 .

That's coming sooner than later.

Thanks Sid

567chevys
02-25-2024, 01:06 PM
The prior enthusiast owner of trifive.com (Otis - who has been frequenting this site recently) sold the trifive.com site to a company Vertical Scope who has bought up every auto related enthusiast site they could the past few years, and thru their modifications to sell advertising, and eliminate functionality, are gradually killing them off! Most recently on the other site, it's now almost impossible to post photos ... and there are NO guidelines to what is allowed.. or NOT.... Just blank white space in place of the photos we post.

This is an opportunity for Sid (the owner here) to gain subscribers, and also an opportunity to perhaps SELL partnerships? or ?? to help support this site as an independent site for enthusiasts!

Gary / BamaNomad

Hello Gary ,

That company VerticalScope Inc have contacted me 3 or 4 Times to Buy this site , With that said I will not sell it. I have been in Knife gate Valve Business Since I was 18 years old I'm 35 Now LMAO not really I will be 63 in October .
I have have worked 4 Valve company's that where bought by bigger Corporate company None of the 4 have the same name as it was when I was there.
One is completely shut down the other 3 are in Bad shape which is great for my company .
I'm Open to most things the members would like to see on this Site .
Thanks Sid

WagonCrazy
02-25-2024, 10:00 PM
I'm Open to most things the members would like to see on this Site .

Put a link on here somewhere to donate $ to help you offset the costs...

busterwivell
02-26-2024, 05:35 AM
Yes, I agree.

Belair-o
02-26-2024, 07:44 AM
Agree

bigblock
02-27-2024, 05:57 AM
Absolutely !!!!!!!!:)

567chevys
02-27-2024, 01:05 PM
Put a link on here somewhere to donate $ to help you offset the costs...

Paul , Thank you for the suggestion but no help needed , Please just try to get more folks to stop in and contribute to the site , Long Live 55-57 Chevys

Thanks Sid

WagonCrazy
02-27-2024, 05:41 PM
You are a generous man Sid. And we all thank you for that. :)

chevynut
02-28-2024, 09:02 AM
Sometimes I wonder if this site is dead. Come on guys, you can do better. Most guys come here for "entertainment", to see other guys' projects. Sometimes they ask questions that we try to answer. But I know some also come to learn how to do stuff. I've learned a ton of things on this site and appreciate most of the guidance.

567chevys
02-28-2024, 10:45 AM
Sometimes I wonder if this site is dead. Come on guys, you can do better. Most guys come here for "entertainment", to see other guys' projects. Sometimes they ask questions that we try to answer. But I know some also come to learn how to do stuff. I've learned a ton of things on this site and appreciate most of the guidance.

This was email to me couple days ago I really did not want to post it but I think most of the past problems are behind us .
Thanks All

Sid

I'm going to elaborate.

chevytalk.com has only one negative. Low volume.

trifivechevys.com had the "bully" poster (including his fight with RD). He quit posting for over two years so that became a non factor. He's back but he's behaving himself for the most part. Also there was a time when the site was dominated by political posts. That has been over for a long time. Between those two things was most if not all of the negativity. It's mainly just low volume now.

HAMB is "Hokey Ass Message Board". It's simply old school only.

Last, I've always been of the opinion that this site was way over moderated. Which is not moderate at all. The only thing about over moderation is that it's perhaps better than none at all.

So to me there are choices. Having all 3 doing well would be a good thing.

chevynut
02-28-2024, 02:22 PM
I'll elaborate too. If you look at the "fights" with guys like RD, and a couple others I won't mention, I always got attacked/bashed first and I fought back and I don't consider it "bullying". If he does he must have thin skin. I challenge anyone to show me one post where I attacked anyone first. RD had a way of subtle bashing and I wasn't the only one who saw it. A couple of others made many snide remarks and outright attacks on me or my project. I asked him multiple times to stop replying to my posts or put me on ignore. It stopped for the most part when RD got banned twice before, but then started again when he came back. It also stopped when I got fed up with the bullshit and left for over two years because they had nobody to bash, and this site was just about like a graveyard....I continued to read it now and then when something was posted. Glad RD's gone because he'll never change, and the others who were allowed back are behaving well so far. If I was the problem as the e-mail suggests, then why were the others banned?

This site is for exchanging information and ideas, and sharing our love for tri5s. Not everyone likes the same things, but some think we should all be the same and being different than them is somehow a bad thing. The only thing I don't like is the low volume of posts here with as many members as there are.

busterwivell
02-29-2024, 02:17 PM
I agree with Chevynut. I saw the stuff RD was posting, antagonizing Chevynut. I would have fired back, too. Several times I criticized RD for his assaults, and you know how that went. Chevynut isn't guilty of anything in my book, and I respect the way he responded,