PDA

View Full Version : Air conditioning compressor

Bow tie downunder
02-29-2024, 09:01 PM
Hi Laslo
I have a chrome, rear hose connection compressor that looks identical to the one on your car. My one was purchased in the US with pulleys and mount brackets ,.when it was gassed and switched on the pulley belt squealed and I turned it off and was told to replace the compressor.The serpentine belt was tight enough .I was told it was a cheap compressor .Just wondering what brand you are using and if you have run the unit.

chevynut
03-01-2024, 03:50 PM
My compressor is a Sanden and I got it from Street and Performance several years ago. Tour brackets and idlers look exactly like mine so I guess you may have bought yours from them too? I have not had a chance to run it. When I tried to run the engine to charge it, the engine wouldn't run right. It ended up being a project in itself to change the entire EFI system out to a TerminatorX.

Sounds like your compressor may be seized. I have been worried about that happening to mine since it's been sitting so long. I was told it's full of oil when I bought it so I might try energizing the clutch momentarily to make sure it turns. Hope this doesn't turn into another huge project.

Bow tie downunder
03-01-2024, 04:05 PM
My compressor does not have a brand name or identifying marks .When I ran it it cooled and worked fine for a while then started to cause the belt to squeal.I could pull it apart and have a look at the seals ,but would ask the manufacturers first .If yours identifies as a Sanden I will contact them .I also replaced the alternator would not charge the battery and I had to modify the power steering to stop it leaking .Am happy with the brackets and pulleys and overall looks .If you have any more info on the compressor I would be grateful.
Once again thanks for your help
Mick

chevynut
03-01-2024, 05:18 PM
I'm pretty sure that's a Sanden compressor and it looks just like mine. After quite a bit of research I determined mine is a Sanden SD7H15 4764 with a Style M rear exit head 5632 with Rotolok 1" ports. I also have the receipt from S&P.

Here's some good info:

https://www.sanden.com/productlibrary/manuals/SD_Service_Guide_Rev_2.pdf

https://atc.ca/wp-content/uploads/Sanden_Compressors.pdf