PDA

View Full Version : Frame mounted master cylinder and booster

55BigBlockCid
05-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Ok.so has anyone used the bracket Cpp sells for mounting the mc and booster on the frame? http://www.classicperform.com/Store2/Brakes/5557FMB.htm

After changing my mind for the third time about how I want to do the mc,I now
want to put it under the floor. My concerns are,will it interfere with my headers[patriot full length], and where to mount the remote reservoir,I have a CPP mc with built in proportioning valve already. I also have a 7 inch booster I can use, or maybe stay with manual brakes. If any one has done this any and all input would be appreciated.I searched around on Cpp site for instructions for the mount but couldn`t find any info. If some one has any pictures I would appreciate it.Thanks.

chevynut
05-12-2012, 05:25 PM
I think a 7" booster is going to be just about worthless, and it would likely cause exhaust problems. Plus I don't see how you could keep it above the bottom of the frame. I'm not even sure you have room for a frame-mounted booster. You would probably be better off with a manual setup, a hydroboost, or something like the ABS Power Brake electric booster that I'm using.

Personally I don't like the brake pedal going through the floor....imo it makes it look like an old truck. That's especially true if you have a manual tranny too, with a hinged clutch pedal...that would look weird, imo.

What are you trying to accomplish? Are you just wanting to hide your brake setup?

Rick_L
05-13-2012, 05:35 AM
Chevy and other brands started putting the master cylinder on the firewall starting in the 50s (Chevy in 55) for good reasons. The primary one is that it doesn't require a hole in the floor. Installing it under the floor is at best going to be a packaging problem with full length headers, at worst it may not fit at all. And as Chevynut says you don't have room for a very big booster without having it hang too low.