Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: piece of the puzzle

Member #:1608
    Quote Originally Posted by NCW View Post
    Can't flush without water!
    There is always the bucket method! If you clog that...you need to seek medical help!

Member #:230
    I was able to make some of my goal's for the year am mentioned i know have water to the shop, although nothing plumbed in yet Toilet, Sink, Shower ETC... I do have the bathroom framed and late this year finally was able to get power out to the shop YEA!!! i should explain though not the entire shop is wired.

I elected to upgrade the power situation in the house first (100 year old house) so in doing that we went with a 400 amp at the meter and upgraded house to 200 amp and then split the other 200 to the shop, which sounds like i will never need that much from calculations but it is there anyway.

You would think something as simple as digging the line for conduit would be a simple task and all in a days work, well LOL not to be for this Cat, when i was using the trencher and at about the halfway point i hit something HMMMM odd for my area as it is pretty easy digging around here, so i get the shovel out and do some digging thinking just a rare rock no big deal. So as i continue to expose the object by the time i am done there is a 7' long piece of concrete hmmm OK no big deal i will dig to the bottom should only be around foot or 18"s at the most HA HA Nope turns out 3 Feet down, by now i am scratching my head like what the heck and before i forget the concrete is slightly over a 12" thick.

So over to get the backhoe and get the object out the way and back to trenching SHAABANG LOL i hit another one, well repeat previous steps to remove. One thing the locates i called in for that was not found, although they are not looking for it anyway, sure wish they were though .

Anyway so not to put you all to sleep, i now have 200 amp service in the shop, one outlet outside, two outlets inside, one 8ft fluorescent strip light (temporary) so all in all i am happy it is more then what i had this time last year.

Happy New Year, to you all and wishing you all happiness and great health.
    55 Belair 2dr Sedan 350/350 loving every minute of it.
    56-210 2dr Sedan c4 front/rear suspension, and not sure when the ride will roll.
    Marty

http://www.picturetrail.com/56-210sedan

http://saccc567.com/

Member #:115
    Congrats on the progress Marty! I think a 400A service is way overkill, but you'll never have to worry about it. When I built my house, I told the electrician to install a 200A service. Later, I found out he only installed 150A panel. I have installed another 100A panel in the basement off of it, a 125A panel in the shop, and just installed another 125A panel in the new shop. The amperages don't have to add up. I do notice that when we weld in the shop, the lights in the house flicker a little, but I don't think that has anything to do with the panel or wire sizing.

Sounds like you're off to a great year! Get that shop done and get started on your 56! Happy New Year!
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:230
    You are absolutely correct Laszlo, i did overkill it on the shop, i had received so much conflicting advice on my electrical that i went to the high side of the electrical, i will never use it all even if i was full bore building my car i would never use it. The house did need to be upgraded though as the last time it had electrical work was in 1972 when they moved up from glass fuses to the little panel box that used to be there, now we do not have light flicker in the house and i can continue to get rid of old wiring were it still exists in the place and that makes me sleep better .
    55 Belair 2dr Sedan 350/350 loving every minute of it.
    56-210 2dr Sedan c4 front/rear suspension, and not sure when the ride will roll.
    Marty

http://www.picturetrail.com/56-210sedan

http://saccc567.com/

Member #:1653
    Looking good Marty!

Member #:1608
    Congrats Marty

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456