Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 56

Member #:783
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakins View Post
    Love the colors. Do you have a full side pic in good lighting?

Here are a few more shots in different lighting and various stages of the paint job...hope this helps.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are a few more and you can see what I mean that in certain lighting and angles it's hard to tell its two tone.
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (89.3 KB, 8 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (86.2 KB, 9 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (85.8 KB, 8 views)

Registered Member

Member #:571
    frogman, it's hard to see on the computer screen what you've done. But knowing the lighter color from a car I've seen and what you've posted makes me think you've got a great look going.

I'm interested, but my old brain keeps flip flopping about other potential paint combos for my 55 also. I just need to be ready for paint soon so I can choose and be done with it for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    frogman, it's hard to see on the computer screen what you've done. But knowing the lighter color from a car I've seen and what you've posted makes me think you've got a great look going.

I'm interested, but my old brain keeps flip flopping about other potential paint combos for my 55 also. I just need to be ready for paint soon so I can choose and be done with it for better or worse.

Hahaha Rick, I know what you mean, I went back and forth so many times on the paint....was all black at one time, all pewter at one time, was close to using a cinamon red as the bottom color then black then flip flopped, then flip flopped again then finally I took the leap and bought the paint and mixed the bottom color. I'm not dissapointed in the least...I wanted a newer classy looking paint job but yet still was a hot rod.

I can't wait to see what you come up with for your double nickle...

Member #:115
    Jim, it looks like all that blocking paid off in a really straight body! I can't wait to get some color on mine. I'm so tired of looking at primer for so many years.

I'm still working on finishing my shop addition so I can paint and assemble the car in a clean place.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Jim, it looks like all that blocking paid off in a really straight body! I can't wait to get some color on mine. I'm so tired of looking at primer for so many years.

I'm still working on finishing my shop addition so I can paint and assemble the car in a clean place.

Laszlo, I blocked until I was ready to puke and it took months to get the body to look like it does....inexperience I suppose. Porch Dog might have done it in a weekend ..LOL.

I'm anxiously waiting to see your choice of color for that beautiful Nomad. You have so much work in that "work of art" choosing an appropriate color must seem nearly impossible....whatever it is I can'twait to see it.

Jim

Registered Member

Member #:229
    Thanks for posting more pics! I like the paint a lot! I wonder what using just the bottom color on a full car would like like?

Very nice car!
    bakins
    1957 Bel Air Hardtop
    C4 Suspension

More Interior Work

More of the interior done this weekend. Finally finished with the front seat covering and started the install. If you can't tell its a 54 front bench seat but since I couldn't find the stainless for a 54 I ran the 56 stainless on the lower seat shells. Looks fine and I don't know how many will ever know the difference..LOL.

Getting closer to that maiden voyage. I still have to mount my horn although the wiring is already run and ready to hook up. Brake light switch should be in this week and that will finish off all the electrical. Then all thats left is to finish up the interior and upholster the trunk...

My little princess is all ready to go for that maiden voyage.....

Jim

Member #:115
    Looks great Jim. I think you picked a nice interior color to go with the paint. What is that color called? Taupe? Carpet looks nice too.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Looks great Jim. I think you picked a nice interior color to go with the paint. What is that color called? Taupe? Carpet looks nice too.
    Thanks Laszlo! The color is called fawn, similar to taupe. Gina at Ciadellas must have sent me 100 different samples of everything between tan, taupe, and fawns. This particular one has the look, grain, and feel of leather but yet not leather. Too much $$ for the real thing besides the little one would surely ruin the leather first trip out..lol. Had a nice streachability to it so the wrinkles were easy to get out. Durable too, could hardly put an awl through it when mounting the seat shells.

No work on her today though...Christmas decorations going up for the little one's benefit...

Jim
    Last edited by frogman21758; 11-25-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast