Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 56

Member #:783

My 56

New to this forum but not new to forums and have been working on my 56 for almost exactly 2 years now, so rather than post this in the "New Guy" threads, I'm putting this in the project section. This was my first frame off project car and can't say enough about the forums and the experienced individuals whose great knowlege base enabled me to build this 56. It's a Bel Air Sedan by Vin, however I built it my way, both inside and out. I've spent most of my time on "the other" Trifive site where in the early stages of my build guys like CHEVYNUT assisted with fitting the right size (biggest) tires in those stock wheel wells. Well, its a long way from the car I started with 2 years ago, vent windows removed, Camaro 10 bolt 8.5" rear with 3:73s, tubular control arms, coil overs, rack n pinion, Hotchkis sway bars front and rear, 355 SBC, 10:1 comp, Edelbrock Heads 2.02 inch intakes, 1.65 exhaust valves, 230 duration cam @ .050, .512 lift on 1.6 ratio roller rockers, Victor Junior intake, Holley 770 Ultra, Petronix ignition, B&M TH350 street strip trans, PRC custom radiator with dual electric fans, Billet specialties serpentine pulleys, Wilwood tandem master and disc brakes, Ididit column, dakota digital dash cluster, Ciadella custom interior and the list goes on.

Well I am a couple of weeks away from completing this project and couldn't have done it without the help of the guys on these forums. There is too long of a list to name them all, but all provided expert advise in everything from the engine building, to bodywork, paint, suspension, interiors and the new electrical.

My pay back to them is to help provide any of my experiences to anyone else embarking or knee deep in a Trivefive project where around every turn there seems to be a WTF..

More pics in my Profile

Thanks,
    Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #:115
    Nice intro Jim. I can't believe you did all that in only two years! It sure looks great!
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Nice intro Jim. I can't believe you did all that in only two years! It sure looks great!
    Thanks Laszlo! It's a driver and no competition for the custom work you've put into that Nomad...You're in a whole nother class brother. I'm a garage builder lol!

Jim

Member #:3
    Very Nice intro Jim,
    First I want to thank you for your service in the USN !!!!
    Your car LOOKs great and if you did all that in 2 years , your alot faster than me !!!
    Hope you enjoy the site, We still have a few problems here and there but we will get it all figure out !!!

Thanks Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Member #:436
    Welcome to the site frogman.You'r 56 has turned out very nice,Love the color's what are they? I have a 55 that I'm working on and want to do a two tone with similar color's

Thanks! The color is Mercedes Pewter Metallic on top and Pewter Metallic on the bottom with the addition of 500 grams more black than the top. I had a difficult time finding a darker metallic color that had the same metallic hues as the Pewter on top. I finally decided to have my paint supplier add more black to the mix a little at a time until I was happy with the color. Turns out to be 500 grams more black per Qt. The hues match perfectly....in some light it's hard to tell it's two tone, looks more like a shadow from the stainless down...in other light it just pops. I'm pretty happy with it.

Jim

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I like your car and the paint. I've been looking at the Mercedes pewter myself, a guy at work has one of those baby Mercedes sedans that color and I got the codes from his car. Adding the black to the two tone sounds perfect.

Lots of other nice features on your car too.

Member #:230
    Very Nice Jim, really like what you came up with in style and in 2 years WOW Good Job
    55 Belair 2dr Sedan 350/350 loving every minute of it.
    56-210 2dr Sedan c4 front/rear suspension, and not sure when the ride will roll.
    Marty

http://www.picturetrail.com/56-210sedan

http://saccc567.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    I like your car and the paint. I've been looking at the Mercedes pewter myself, a guy at work has one of those baby Mercedes sedans that color and I got the codes from his car. Adding the black to the two tone sounds perfect.

Lots of other nice features on your car too.

Rick, if you decide to go the pewter two tone route let me know, I have the paint mix if you want it. It was the only way to get a perfect match with the metallic hues.

Registered Member

Member #:229
    Love the colors. Do you have a full side pic in good lighting?
    bakins
    1957 Bel Air Hardtop
    C4 Suspension

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast