Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 55 Chevy rear window tint

Registered Member

Member #:1414

55 Chevy rear window tint

Bought and installed blue window tint on side windows of my '55 Chevy gasser. Reviewed on youtube how to heat shrink to shape. I couldn't make it work. Have gone to 3 tint companies and they say they will have to install as 3 parts because of curve on sides. I'm not liking having any seams. I've seen several pics of 55-57 chevy gassers with rear window tinted and it doesn't look like any seams. Got any feedback?

Member #:230
    I have never done this before or know or anyone that i could pass any information on to you, but this person which sells on ebay may be able to give you some input. for some reason i can not post links?
    Last edited by 56-210Sedan; 12-08-2012 at 08:06 PM.
    55 Belair 2dr Sedan 350/350 loving every minute of it.
    56-210 2dr Sedan c4 front/rear suspension, and not sure when the ride will roll.
    Marty

http://www.picturetrail.com/56-210sedan

http://saccc567.com/

Member #:230
    55 Belair 2dr Sedan 350/350 loving every minute of it.
    56-210 2dr Sedan c4 front/rear suspension, and not sure when the ride will roll.
    Marty

http://www.picturetrail.com/56-210sedan

http://saccc567.com/

Member #:777
    My friend owns a glass shop, a GOOD installer can install on a Tri5 in one piece, sometimes the quality of the film will make a difference also, the film needs to be flexible enough but it does take a experienced installer to do it in one piece. Not saying you can't do it but it is tricky.

Registered Member

Member #:1414
    Ya, I bought this off the ebay site. Guess I'll just have to keep asking around. One shop said they could do it but insisted on removing the rear window to do it. Wanted to jack me for $185 labor just for rear window.

Member #:3
    Hey Gasser48

Had my front drivers windows done on my chevy Pick up . Was talking to the guys on the back window for 55-57 chevys to do blue tint , they said no problem it takes almost 3 hours to do it in one peice but the can do it .

This place is in Vancouver Washington but I'm sure you can find window company near you !!

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Member #:1821
    Didn't the factory offer a light blue and light green tint? At least in '57? The tent I'm refering to is darker than a/c car windows. I remember seeing one of Joe Hdrukas '57s with this tent. A blue h/t 270h.p. car back in the '80s.

Registered Member

Member #:563
    I had a local guy do my rear window for $80 with gasser blue I got from ebay. I had the rear window out and took it to him. He complained it was a pain but it turned out good. It can be dohe in one piece.

Registered Member

Member #:514
    Anyone who tries this themselves, I wish them the best. Its just something that I wouldn't want to do. I recently went to a local shop that does window tinting and asked if they made house calls. Oh yeah, we're on the road a lot. Agree to the price of $240.00 and made an appointment. That was 3 months ago and haven't heard from them. If they can't keep an appointment, then they can't do my windows. Might take a look at some Youtube stuff and see how difficult it might be.

Member #:2021
    Quote Originally Posted by NDFabrications View Post
    I had a local guy do my rear window for $80 with gasser blue I got from ebay. I had the rear window out and took it to him. He complained it was a pain but it turned out good. It can be dohe in one piece.
    i have done a number of my builds with window tint......mean A fella used to do all of my rear windows. $80.00 sounds abit high but $240.00/is An insane amount, be glad he never showed up ..........Waiting to take your kar to get it done,as opposed to house calls will be enormously more money everytime.. they get to see what else you have in your garage.~bam!!~~~~~~the price goes up. No fair trade included here hth
    been there done that. bob s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast