Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone here have a stock 59-64 Impala/Biscayne?

Member #:436
    Damn chevy I just seen you'r last post I can get that but it will be a day or two sorry.I did get you some measurement's though I think I got what you want.
    1)frame drop is 5.5 in.
    2)bottom of frame horn to top at center of rad.3.750 in.
    3)bottom of frame to center hole 1.5 in.
    4) not sure what you mean this car only has a bracket that comes off the frame horn's to the bumper,the other brace is like a 56 it bolt's to the finder.
    You said you found the ride height it sounded a little high but our's set's at 8 in.
    100_1494.jpg
    100_1495.jpg
    I hope the two pic's help explain what I was looking at if this don't help I can alway's try again the car is not going anywhere.

Member #:115
    Thanks Smooth.

I only have a couple of questions.

On measurement 1, are you sure about that? If the frame was 5.5" below the rocker, you could see the entire frame from the side of the car. The entire frame is only 4.5" tall. The measurement I was looking for is how far the bottom of the frame hangs BELOW the bottom of the rockers. In other words, if you were to put a straightedge across the bottom of the frame, how far UP from that straightedge would the bottom of the rockers be?

So are you saying there is NO diagonal bumper brace like on a 56 Chevy? I'm talking about the brace that goes from the bumper corner back to the frame diagonally.

Thanks a bunch.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:436
    I thought you were looking for something else you can only see about an 1.5 at the rocker sorry will get you a new measurement on that.As you could see in the pic there is no brace from the frame suprised me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12