Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here have a stock 59-64 Impala/Biscayne?

Member #:115

Anyone here have a stock 59-64 Impala/Biscayne?

I'm trying to find the stock ride hight for a 62 Impala (59-64 are the same). Anyone here have one they could measure for me? I have searched online, but nothing comes up. I would like a measurement of the frame height from the ground, right at the front of the door before the kickup.

Thanks!
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:436
    Hay chevy did you get the measurement you needed we have a 62 impala but it does not set at stock height If I rember rite it is 2 in. lower I can measure it for you and add 2 in.if that help's.let me know.

Smooth, I think I got two critical measurements I needed from another drawing I bought, and some online searching. I read that at curb weight, the front of the rocker is 11 1/2" above the ground at stock suspension height using stock tires. Seems pretty damn high to me .

I could use some more measurements, though, since they weren't on the drawings I have.

1) How far does the frame drop below the bottom of the rockers, not counting the rocker pinch weld, measured about at the front of the doors.

2) How tall is the front of the frame measured from the bottom of the front frame horn to the top of the frame at the center of the radiator support holes?

3) How far is it from the bottom of the frame horns up to the center of the 2 front bumper bolt holes?

4) Where is the bumper brace bolted onto the frame? I have a picture here (see below) but can't figure out where the diagonal brace bolts to the frame. Is it the hole just to the right of the air bag? I could use some dimensions for the location of that brace hole.

Thanks a bunch in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

The car is not at my house it is at my dad's I will get over there this week and take some pic's for you and do some measuring for you in the next day or so if that will help.

Thanks Smooth, no huge hurry but in the next few days would be nice. If I think of any more measurements I may need before you go, I'll post them.

I wish the two sets of frame drawings I had were anywhere near as detailed as the tri5 frame drawings.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Member #:230
    dang i just sold the one i had (59 Impala) last spring when we moved, yes i wish i had it back, even with hearing the wife say " you have not built the one you are working on now" in reference to the 56, and i say show me the money honey LOL no results.
    55 Belair 2dr Sedan 350/350 loving every minute of it.
    56-210 2dr Sedan c4 front/rear suspension, and not sure when the ride will roll.
    Marty

http://www.picturetrail.com/56-210sedan

http://saccc567.com/

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Thanks Smooth, no huge hurry but in the next few days would be nice. If I think of any more measurements I may need before you go, I'll post them.

I wish the two sets of frame drawings I had were anywhere near as detailed as the tri5 frame drawings.
    Yea when we built this car we learned a lot lol.I'm off tomorrow will go and hope I get what you need.

Smooth, if there's any way you can locate the center of the lower balljoint or spindle/wheel from some other reference point such as the radiator support holes, bumper bolt holes, or cowl body mount holes I could use that. I have the dimensions for all those reference points. I need the fore-aft measurement and I know it won't be easy to get. I am trying to locate the centerline of the front axle from somewhere, and none of my drawings show either axle centerline. I know the wheelbase is 119" so if I can locate one, I can get the other.

I have found that sometimes making marks on the floor and then measuring between the marks is the easiest way to get a measurement. Using a plumb bob or level, mark one location on each side of the car (such as balljoint centers, then mark the second reference location on each side. After you draw a line between the marks on each side and move the car, you can measure between the lines to get the distance.

Thanks for your help.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Member #:1653
    You need a FARO Arm! My next toy.

Member #:1653
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Smooth, I think I got two critical measurements I needed from another drawing I bought, and some online searching. I read that at curb weight, the front of the rocker is 11 1/2" above the ground at stock suspension height using stock tires. Seems pretty damn high to me .

I could use some more measurements, though, since they weren't on the drawings I have.

1) How far does the frame drop below the bottom of the rockers, not counting the rocker pinch weld, measured about at the front of the doors.

2) How tall is the front of the frame measured from the bottom of the front frame horn to the top of the frame at the center of the radiator support holes?

3) How far is it from the bottom of the frame horns up to the center of the 2 front bumper bolt holes?

4) Where is the bumper brace bolted onto the frame? I have a picture here (see below) but can't figure out where the diagonal brace bolts to the frame. Is it the hole just to the right of the air bag? I could use some dimensions for the location of that brace hole.

Thanks a bunch in advance.
    Have you looked into "Mitchell"? They tout having all of those dims but I wonder at what cost. "Mitchell.com"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast