Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Blasting cabinet window

Member #:115

Blasting cabinet window

What are you guys using to protect the windows from blasting on the inside? Mine has glass inside, plexiglass outside, and I had several sheets of thin plastic with double-sided tape that I used for protection of the glass. I've run out of sheets, and can't find anything to use that's reasonably priced. I bought a large sheet of mylar type plastic for $5 and it hasn't lasted too long. I only got one protector out of it.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I bought a roll of plastic somewhere but I haven't used it yet. It was very reasonable. Don't remember where, maybe TPtools or McMaster-Carr.

Actually the original glass lasted pretty good. A small, cut pane of glass isn't all that expensive either.

Member #:755
    Has anyone tried the flooring protection stick down plastic used on jobsites? I believe they used it over carpet mainly. It sticks good and peels off fairly easy. It may take a few layers, it's not to think.
    I may try some, I see they had it at Home Depot. If it works, I'll post, If not I'll hide in a corner!
    On another note, I hate crawling inside to change the protectors, but I can't see any other way? If anyone has an easy way, let the rest of us know!