Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 55-59 frame differences

Member #:524
    Good link. That is the other mount I was telling you about. There are two of them and it also show the 6 and 8 cylinder position I was guessing at.lol Now I did not have to move my radiator mounts for my 55 clip to fit although the fit was tight it did fit. The other mount allows more wiggle room also, because it allows you to slide the front end. Here is a pic of the fitment of my clip on the 59 frame.

Registered Member

Member #:1588
    Yeah, there is no way I can mount the lower grill bar to both fenders and still line up the radiator support on the frame. Thanks for pics.

Are you going to the Goodguys Del Mar car show in April or the Brothers show in late June. It'd be cool to show your truck while still under construction. I love seeing car and trucks all mocked up before paint. You can really see all the craftsmanship and custom touches.

Chris

Yes I will be at both Goodguys and Brothers I go every year. I thought about taking the 55 210 to Del Mar but I really can't enjoy a show when I bring my rides. So most likely I will not take it. I like walking the show and seeing everything. I'm to worried when I take my cars there have been a lot of cars stolen from shows lately. A 56 Nomad was stolen this year at the Grand Nationals in Pomona, CA. I had taken pics of the car and posted them on another website and one of the guys informed me that it was stolen and give a link to the article. Awful man its getting harder to just have fun and have a good time with all the thieves and assholes out there.

Registered Member

Member #:1588
    Wow! Hot rod stolen at a show. I've never heard of that. If he gets caught they will need to cut his balls off.

I will be at the Del Mar show on Friday & Saturday. I run my 70 Camaro at the autocross. I highly recommend the Goodguys autocross if you haven't done it before. I think your '55 210 would get a lot of attention. Everyone is really nice and very encouraging. I'm not that great at it but I still have a lot of fun. My camaro is light blue and kind of a resto mod. Stop by if you get the chance. I also like giving people rides around the course if your interested.

I'm looking forward the Brother's show. I need to figure what ride height to set my truck at and want to scope out what other people have done to get some ideas.

Chris

Hey Chris

Here is a link to the car that was stolen at GNRS in Pomona, CA http://bangshift.com/blog/stolen-car...ster-show.html

So keep a watch when you take your ride anywhere those thieves are out there.

Thanks for the invite buddy and drop me a PM so that we can be sure to meet each other at the show. I would love to see the Camaro.
    Last edited by BAM55; 03-27-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Member #:115
    I know what it feels like to have a car stolen. I had my '55 2-door sedan stolen in 1973, 3 days after I moved to KCMO. I would have loved to have caught the bastards who did it. I just finished building it, and it had a brand new lacquer paintjob, 427 BBC, Muncie, and 4.11 gears. To this day I believe the cops stole it.

Personally I think you should be able to protect your property with force. But the do-gooders and liberals can't have that. The poor guy who stole the Nomad probably just wants to sell it so he can feed his family. Bullshit. He should be caught and the owner should be allowed to beat the shit out of him with a baseball bat for it. IMO.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12