Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Hello everyone

Registered Member

Member #:189

Hello everyone

Howdy yall,
    I have a 1957 Chevy 2 door hardtop. It is my Daily driver. I got it about ten years ago and when I bought it it wasn't running. I spent a lot of Time and money and got it running. I fixed it up on the fly while I drove it. I did have professional help on the way. Hats off to Estes garage in Oregon City OR. It has a crate 350 with a turbo 350. I put in a digital dash. an electric windshield wiper motor with delay. I put in a vintage air heat/AC that hooks up to the original controls. The radio is an AM?FM cassette player with a CD changer in the trunk. I had the interior reupholstered but I ended up pulling out the front bench seat and putting in bucket seats out of a chrysler sebring convertible.
    Last year I accidentally destroyed the back end of my baby when my foot slipped off the brakes and mashed the accelerator while backing up. I really crunched her. Luckily my 1957 American LaFrance Firetruck was parked sideways behind it. This is a big rig. I moved it five inches sideways.
    Thank goodness for competent auto body repairmen. About ten weeks and ten thousand dollars and the car is better than ever.
    This is the car I drive to work. I drive it to the store and wherever I go. I am teaching my 16 year old son to drive using this car. He is doing great. My wife is tolerant of my old car hobby, but she drives a new Chevy. I love my car. It is comfortable and reliable. Everytime someone offers to buy it I smile. I don't think I will ever sell my baby!

Registered Member

Member #:21

Re: Hello everyone

Post some pictures.

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi mig and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:115
    Interesting story, and WELCOME!
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax