Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Wow...another place to run my mouth

Registered Member

Member #:1686

Wow...another place to run my mouth

Been a regular on ChevyTalk, TriFive and a pretty good lurker on the H.A.M.B. Will try not to be too redundant. Have a '56 210 9 passenger wagon known to the family as the Gobstomper. Our then little boy was 4 years old when I drove the car home. He's now 15, soon to be 16 and has had the car as part of his life for 12 years. And for some reason known only to him he named the car after the Willie Wonka "Gobstopper", which became Gobstomper.

The car has been through several iterations: all geared to a car reminiscent of the street scene in the mid to late 60's. I went through it initially and upgraded the suspension, brakes, steering, wiring, AC, cooling etc. and drove the car for a year before blowing it apart to repair all the rust. Engines have been a 305/TH350; a crate 383/TH350; a full out internally-balanced, Callies crank, Comp roller cammed 383/TH350; and now a 331 and the TH350. We grew tired of the cruise and show scene way back when so I pulled the 3.25 gear set and put in a 4.11, ran it a couple of times and got into the 12's. Then the Callies motor Comp cam ground up the supposed compatible distributor gear and threw grit throughout the motor. That prompted the purchase and freshening of the angle plug 331 which is in the car now. Callies motor is on the stand awaiting another rebuild.

Had a tunnel ram on a BBC in a C/MP '56 wagon in 68-71 time period, and found on E-Pay a well-preserved SBC Tunnel Ram...now the car is equipped to be raced somewhat regularly at the NHRA track about an hour from our home. Wanted to debut it May 18 at Super Chevy Sunday weekend but a front brake problem was amplified by the line-lock and will require a 7/8" master to the SSBC calipers on the front. So Super Chevy Sunday is out and a subsequent test and tune will be the first.

Our lives currently center around our son's academic and baseball exploits. God gave him talent in both areas. Consequently we travel the East Coast during the summer to the major events at which he showcases his talent in the field, on the mound and at the plate. Time for the car is squeezed in during the week, although the summer high school season here schedules varsity games every Tuesday and Thursday. So Monday and Wednesday are thrash sessions if I'm going to wrench on the car.

Now you know the story and the scene is set. I know a little bit, but am an expert in nothing. I wish that I had the skill set of Chevynut, the knowledge of Rick L and the experience of so many others in this hobby/obsession. What I can offer is what not to do, and occasionally what has worked for me.

Looking forward to being a contributor to this site.

paul

www.picturetrail.com/vabeach56wagon
    Last edited by vabeach56wagon; 05-16-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Member #:226
    Welcome & HOWDY from TEXAS! Enjoy the site with your son. They grow up so quickly.

Member #:115
    Hi Paul, glad you made it over here! I still like that 60's look to these cars, and I'll bet that wagon is a blast! Welcome to the site.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:1608
    Welcome Paul, glad you could join us! I have followed some of your post!

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi paul and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:3
    Hi Paul

Glad to see that you decided to stop bye .Also thanks for contributing to the site !!

Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4