Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to upgrade brakes

Registered Member

Member #:1687
    i bought my front wheel disc brake kit from danchuk they sell the from classic performance products it was pretty straight forward. one of the things you have to do is drill a hole in the the brake pedal arm lower the the original location. one problem i had was i had to move the oilfilter to make room for the
    new master cylinder and for some reason i had to get the front end aligned after. i called the company and was told replacement calipers and pads were for 1992 s 10 they work great cost about $600 good luck
    bobd

Member #:1821
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    These are the same thickness as a typical front rotor, you use a D52 caliper with this setup.
    The D52 caliper is the '68-'72 caliper, correct? Do you use the same a.m. bracket that you use with the '68-'72 rotor?

Registered Member

Member #:571
    All the "easy" disc brake kits use the 69-72 Chevelle rotor. It is the only common OEM rotor that bolts on. Where kits may differ is that some use the calipers from the same vehicles (D52 pads), and some use a "metric" or S10 caliper. Those are two different caliper brackets. With either bracket, because the bracket is sandwiched between the spindle and steering arm, moving it inboard, this changes your toe in. The tie rod ends must be adjusted shorter by the thickness of the bracket. So you need a trip to the alignment shop to reset the toe in, unless you can do it yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12