Sid sent me a message a few months ago saying he added a Petroliana section so I figured I'd log in today and see how that's going? OK...so it needs a little help (lol). Myself, I didn't start collecting until the early part of 2012, but I do have many friends that have been collecting for decades. I used to go over and see there collections every now and then, and while I liked the pumps and stuff it never really hit me until I finished my 55 and thought that I should add a pump or two within my own shop. Well, let me say it's become an addiction of sorts as I've flipped in and out of a few brands before focusing in on a couple of particular brands sought out across Canada. I've probably grown a collection of rare cans, signs and pumps faster than most people who get into this hobby, but I'm lucky to have some friends with major collections who throw a few bones my way as I chase down the rare stuff. Here's a few shots of my garage that I thought I'd share.

(Red Indian cans which are one of the most sought after brands in Canada. The parent company McColl Frontenac was bought out by Texaco in 1947)

(More cans and some rare ephemera from Red Indian Oil. Many of these cans have now found their way into proper racks that I have found in the past year)

(Red Indian racks with some cherry cans and a mint DSP Porcelain signs dating back to the 30's. This brand happens to be one of the most sought after up here)

Another brand I collect is Red Head from Western Canada. Prominent from the 20's through the 50's before being bought up by B/A or British American)

(Oil & Gas in any brand always makes a great backdrop for a classic hot rod. I can sit out here and tinker for hours on end and it never gets boring)

Here's a recent shot showing a couple rare Red Indian signs that I picked up in recent weeks. The Motor Oil sign is a difficult and expensive sign to find)

(Here's a little Gilbarco 906 that I did to match the car with custom lenses I had made. It's a 55 dated pump with Double Nickel globes dated to 1955 as well)

I've got pumps, signs and globes all over the place right now, and another 5 pumps that are in the midst of being restored. I buy them raw and have traveled all over the Pacific Northwest to find the right cores. Once I find a few that are rust and damage free, I pick them up, tear them down and start by sand blasting the frames while chemically stripping the skins. From there the frames are powder coated, and once they start going back together I send the skins to a friend of mine for a squirt in base clear. I then order any new parts I need for them and start reassembling everything in the colors & brands of the companies I collect. I try and use as much of the original stuff as possible and like using the original porcelain face plates, globes and porcelain signs whenever I can. Enjoy!