Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: New old guy, or old new guy

Member #:1709

New old guy, or old new guy

Howdy Folks,,been doing a lot of reading here and there and some other forums. I was part of another tri-five group but finally gave up on trying to deal with the purists and people with an attitude. I do not think it is very cool to always try and knock somebody's di** in the dirt just cause they don't think like you do, and they want to be a little different. What would our hobby be like if all our cars were exactly the same? I have a lot of respect for anybody that wants their car to be a little different, whether it be just a few minor changes, or a Barris style custom. I also have the greatest respect for the people that do want a 100% original car. I respect yours, but you gotta respect mine. I have been working, fixing up and enjoying several different tri-fives for a good many years. My current project is a 55 Belair 2 door hardtop, that am in the re-assembly portion of a total re-build. First car I bought 20 years ago, was in terrible shape as far as rust, so I kind of gave up on it for a few years. I was fortunate to find this one 30 miles away and this one does not have a bit of rust and was a highly optioned car. Decided a complete "frame off" was the way to go and use the first car as a parts car. Finally got the car painted candy apple red and have been re-assembling from rear going forward. Man, there is an awful lot of stainless to polish,,,! Just finished up rebuilding and re-installing all the parts and pieces on rear quarter windows and now waiting on new headliner from Danchuck. Am about 50% on rebuilding the flippers. Hoping to tap the knowledge of some of the Guru's here, as well as sharing some of my hard earned knowledge .

Member #:896
    Welcome aboard, besides showing us pictures we also like to know where in the world are you.
    Bill 1957-427-177-6-410

Member #:1821
    Welcome aboard! Glad to have ya.

Registered Member

Member #:1800
    Pics!

Welcome...!
    - 1957 Chevrolet 4 dr hardtop Bel Air Sierra Gold/Adobe Beige - Purchased July 5th, 2013
    - 1957 Chevrolet 4dr sedan 210 Larkspur Blue/India Ivory Sedan - Purchased Aug 6th, 2012 (not running)
    - 1957 Chevrolet 4dr sedan Bel Air Canyon Coral/India Ivory Sedan - Purchased June 30th, 2013 (not running)
    - 2017 Chevrolet SS Sedan - LS3 - TR6060 - Nightfall Grey Metallic - Purchased April 2017

Member #:230
    Welcome to to the site
    55 Belair 2dr Sedan 350/350 loving every minute of it.
    56-210 2dr Sedan c4 front/rear suspension, and not sure when the ride will roll.
    Marty

http://www.picturetrail.com/56-210sedan

http://saccc567.com/

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi ya and welcome. good to have you.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:115
    Welcome to trifivechevys!
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:436
    Welcome to the site.Would love to see some pic's,I'm also building a 55 hard top look forward to talking with you.

Member #:1709
    Hey Guys,,,thanks for all the "welcomes" Going to try to get some current pics today of the 55 and I'll post em prolly tomorrow. I am getting more and more excited as the re-assembly continues cause I can finally see the progress being made. It takes so dang long for assembly cause you gotta stop and do the necessary repairs, polishing, painting and what not of all the parts and pieces before you can put them on the car. The polished stainless really pops on that Candy Apple Red paint!!!! When I come up on a roadblock on the car assembly, I just move over and work on getting the engine ready for a fresh paint job.. It's coming together, slowly but surely!