Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: finally got the headliner from Car's

Member #:115
    Nomads have a cardboard strip sewn to the headliner for the bows to attach to. Sounds like your headliner is supposed to have them too.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:528
    ilike55s you should watch this vid before attempting your headliner. I did not do mine the way you suggested I followed the video best I could. It is for a sedan so I adjusted the technique some on my HT.
    http://ciadellainteriors.blogspot.co...headliner.html
    Jim
    Just because it's old dosen't make it a classic:
    and just because it's rare doesn't make it cool.
    Picks & Vids

Member #:436
    Here are some pic's for you hope they help. This is the way I got the car.
    005.jpg
    006.jpg
    007.jpg
    008.jpg
    009.jpg
    010.jpg
    Hope this help's it look's like there mite to be some sort of keeper for each bow by the screw holes in the tack strip.

Member #:1709
    Hey Nick,,,Pics number 4 of 6 and 5 of 6 show the little "metal tabs" on the body the keep the wire bows in a straight up position. Those "tabs" are only on the two rearmost wire bows, same as my hardtop. Don't have an idea why the front wire bow doesn't have the tabs,,,,,?
    Thanks for the pics Smooth56.
    Hey Jim 57,, checked out the Ciadella video and well presented. the sedan IS very different from the hardtops in that the sedans have the wire bows all the way across and looks like they all have these tabs.
    Goin to give her a go today,,,
    Last edited by ilike55s; 09-04-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Member #:1709
    A bit of an update on the headliner project.....
    I have not had time lately to work on the car due to wife's health issues, but did manage to do some "getting ready time" . I was back in the boat shed looking at how the rear view mirror attached to roof on the parts car. Just trying to make sure I didn't get the cart before the horse with the headliner installation. I cannot believe what I found on the parts car,,,,,my toolie-wak is the blackest on this one!!!!
    I had spent sooooo much time looking, searching, BOTHERING people trying to get details on how and where exactly to place the three dang &*()*&^%$$^ stainless bows on the tack strip...!!
    After making a sketch of the attachment bolt pattern for the rear view mirror,,I turn around and looked at the original tack strip on the sides and,,,,and,,,I am looking at the three sets of screws on each side that mount the stainless bows to the tack strip!! AND even better, after removing the screws, I see where the screws go all the way into the metal behind the tack strip!!! Talk about Minerva!! or holy shit or a few others like that. I was estatic, I could not believe what I was seeing.. I had been told the screws for stainless bows screwed into the TACK STRIP, so I assumed they did not go into the metal, and when the sandblast contractor blasted all the old tack strip out of there,, I thought I was SOL! I made a sketch of dimensions from the A pillar to each set of screws for both sides, and ran back to the car to transfer the dems. Since I had already installed new tack strip on the car, the screw holes were covered up! Using my sketch, I used a 3/16 drill bit and drilled thru the new tack strip to expose the screw holes,,,more eureka,, they are there!!!

Hey smooth56, can you look at the tack strip on your 55 to see if the holes are in the tack strip? I looked real close on the pics you had but could not see em... I'm gonna be taking pics as I go on the headliner and hope to do a little write up for the next guy starting from scratch.
    Many thanks, Guys,,,I'm gonna tackle that sob soon,,,,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12