Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What cha think bout this?

Member #:524

What cha think bout this?

Its an associate of mine ride. I would call him a friend but we are not that close he is just a really nice guy always smiling.lol Good people. Anyway I love his ride. He also has a very nice 56 Ford pickup and a sweet Impala. Now I think the car is beautiful of course there are things I would change, but that is with any car because of personal taste not craftsmanship.

The guy who owns the ride is in the white shirt.

Last edited by BAM55; 09-06-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Member #:777
    That's a very nice 40's Chevy. Not much to change on that one. The only thing that sticks out to me is the front bumper, seems to just stick out too much, maybe it's the camera angle. Beautiful car.

Good eye Maddog that is one of the things I would change also. That and those high back seats. With the very nice and subtle chop top the seats look that much higher.
    Last edited by BAM55; 09-06-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Member #:1653
    Nice looking ride! Yup, I'd pull the bumper in too, both front and rear. I might consider a different hose for the overflow too. It's those simple details that just get overlooked.

Nick agreed.

Member #:516
    Beautiful Car, I love the way they seem to be leaning into the wind, like it's trying to get somewhere. About the only thing I can see is as mentioned I hate those formed convoluted radiator hoses. I'd rather see a nice welded up solid stainless steel tube. Other than that.....?

Troy,

No doubt its a beautiful ride. I also agree with you and Nick about the radiator hose. I would also like more side wall on the tires. I guess I'm the only one that does not care for the high back seats.

The things I love about it is the chop top is perfection, ghost flames fit nicely, The stance is nice but it is bagged, engine compartment is tidy with all wires hidden, and the body and paint is even better in person.
    Last edited by BAM55; 09-06-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Member #:777
    I pretty much don't care for seats that are higher then the door top, it's just that the pics don't show the seats well enough for it to be noticeable. There's lots of little things I can nit pick, it's obviously an older build as most of the parts, such as the steering wheel are older models, many little things under the hood as well. It's such a nice car that I don't want to go through all the little things
    Last edited by Maddog; 09-06-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    I pretty much don't care for seats that are higher then the door top, it's just that the pics don't show the seats well enough for it to be noticeable. There's lots of little things I can nit pick, it's obviously an older build as most of the parts, such as the steering wheel are older models, many little things under the hood as well. It's such a nice car that I don't want to go through all the little things
    Not really nit picking just interested in everyones taste and if we notice the same things. Its a way nicer car than my 55 that is for sure.lol Thats how I look at cars to see what I like then I try to notice what I would do differently. If you seen it in person they body and paint is just magificent. Actually the build is not old at all maybe 2 years at the most.
    Last edited by BAM55; 09-06-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I like the steering wheel myself. It's not modern? What would you use in this type of car with the interior that's in it? Or is it not "modern" either?

I have to think those bumper brackets are not the right ones for the car, or there's some other mod that makes the bumper stick out so far.

And of course the TPI is now outdated, thing is they look neat anyway.

Now that I've picked on it, it's a very nice car, and the two tone and color choice really sets it off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast