Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Twisted56's 56

Registered Member

Member #:2016

Twisted56's 56

Ok so here's my story.... (Sorry it will be long winded lol)
    I bought my 56 210 2 door about 15 yrs ago. Just a shell of a car. I started work on it changed my mind on the end product and tore it back down to a shell. Then my kids came into my life and a bad marriage to a nasty wife , you know how the rest goes lol so the car sat in my garage collecting dust. Now after being divorced from her for three yrs my new fiancé is a car girl and I'm excited to finally get to work on my baby , my dream car.
    So that said what I have done and plan to do ....
    I made a smooth firewall that is being welded on I'm tossing around the idea of suicide doors. I'm putting a irs from a 90 vette in her and plan to big block it. 396 or 454. ( original plan was for a small block with a 3x2 setup. However I really like the bb thought better. I'm going to give her a one piece tilt nose with a very low profile scoop. So there's a quickish run down lol sorry it's so long of a post please throw any ideas or wisdom my way

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    thanks for sharing. sounds good, except I would think twice about suicide doors. have seen it and it just doesn't look right on trifives imo. but it is your car, so if you like it that is all that matters.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:115
    Sounds good twisted. I personally never saw the point or even the "coolness" of suicide doors. I think it makes the car harder to get into and just "weird" ergonomically. Plus it's a ton of work for what I consider a non-feature, and I would put the work elsewhere. But if you like it....GO FOR IT! It's not bad to be different. If your car is a hardtop, I wouldn't try it at all, though. There is no support for the doors at the quarter. Big blocks are great, imo.

By the way, a little ad here......if you are interested in a kit to install that Corvette IRS, I sell them. They come complete with instructions, and will save you a ton of time and work. Price to trifivechevys members is $495 plus shipping. I also sell complete C4 conversion front clips if you want to go with the Corvette front suspension too. It's actually easier to install the clip that the rear kit. Or we sell complete conversion frames. Take a look in my album below or check the classifieds for some pics.

Here's what you get in the rear kit.
    Full rear kit.jpg
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:2016
    Well it's gotta be some kind of sign lol my best friend told me the same thing both of you guys just did about suicide doors on a shoebox. Kind of funny. Carl I want to say thank you also for your service. My father is a proud Vietnam army vet. He did two tours in the jungle with the fourth infantry and first calv.
    Chevynut , I believe your kit drew me here lol I was googling the c4 irs install kits when I stumbled on this site and you like minded chevy guys I was thinking of using the front suspension off the vette I chopped up however it was hit hard in the driver side front and if memory serves me it bent the mounting plate on the cradle for the upper a arm. And broke the spindle so I'm not sure now if I should replace the busted parts and use it or just run with the stock spindles and disc brake conversion that I put on years ago

Member #:115
    Twisted, what you do depends on what you want the car to end up like. If you want it to drive like a modern car, the C4 setup is a cost-effective way to do it imo. You can make some improvement with bolt-on parts, but they're not cheap either. If you're using stock spindles and a disc brake conversion, it's probably a late 60's Chevelle setup which is just about the same width as the C4 front. I sell loose cradles and I probably have some replacement suspension parts. PM me if you're interested in discussing this further.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax