Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 265cu

Registered Member

Member #:2011
    ok I understood. give him a little more air. and put a TH350 for example. I don t want a race car. I want cruiser

Banned

Member #:1708
    Your best bet Laf is to not take any imput from anyone on this site except chevysnuts. As you can see from the few easy cheap improvements I mentioned he jumped all over it and slammed me to the ground.The God says no, so the things that I have done in the past that has worked for me has no value.....His improvements requires you put your body on Vette frame pretty much and stuffing a 502 in it lol. I would just buy a Vette myself if thats the ride I was looking for (IMO)...A TriFive with a mild small block and an original under carrige is the best driving car ever made . They handle great, steer wonderful and stop just fine. I believe they were the best cars ever made.However chevysnuts knows all, done all and is all. His mouth kinda reminds me of a sheeps ass, shit just keeps coming from it all day. Good luck Laf with what ever you do, every little thing helps.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    In truth not much you can do to a 265 without changing a bunch of parts, Have you considered pulling orginal moter and storing it and building a 327 or 350. I have been collecting parts for an old school 283, Powerpack heads with 1.84 valves from an HO 305 and a 097 Duntov cam. I have 2.5 rams horns and 3x2s. I got the block from a low milage rust free 57 210 in 1974. You will need a starter adaptor for a Turbo 350 as the starter bolts to trans on them. Cnut is correct about HEI does not make more HP than properly working points dist.

Registered Member

Member #:2011
    I realize that the 265 is quite limited. I will reflect for the 350 and TH350 or 700R4. disc brakes. Power Steering. 500 or 605 colonn Ididit. but still many fresh as my chevy 47. thank you for your opinions

Member #:226
    You might try a 3 speed with overdrive and change the rear end gears to 3.70 to 4.11 range. That will give you get up & go, plus a five speed (overdrive in 2nd & 3rd). with overdrive on your gear ratio would be in the 3.2 to 1 range. My first car - 55 Chevy - was just such a ride and really fun.

Registered Member

Member #:514
    Quote Originally Posted by laf View Post
    I have a technical question:
    can we improve the 265cu? and how?
    I can relate to what you want to do. In 1966, my friend had a '55 with a 265 in it. He had some work done on the heads, dual exhaust, solid cam with lifters, bored .30 over, 4 barrel intake/carb. I don't know if he increased the c.r. That motor was a little screamer for its time. I often get the urge to want to build one myself. I know it wouldn't be cost effective for what you would get. I know you'd be better off with a bigger cubed engine to begin with. But hell, anyone can do that. LOL. Sal.

Member #:115
    LOL, the resident liberal dick posted this the day I left for Mexico, and I just saw it. What a dipshit.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper55 View Post
    Your best bet Laf is to not take any imput from anyone on this site except chevysnuts. As you can see from the few easy cheap improvements I mentioned he jumped all over it and slammed me to the ground.The God says no, so the things that I have done in the past that has worked for me has no value.....
    No sleeper you're the one who first told Laf not to listen to me you ass. I said that anything you can do to get more air into the engine, and a corresponding amount of fuel, will make the engine put out more power. But as usual, you have to be a dickhead about everything. And no, an alternator won't do shit, contrary to your claims. Oh, and it's "input" here in the US...maybe it's "imput" up north. lol

His improvements requires you put your body on Vette frame pretty much and stuffing a 502 in it lol. I would just buy a Vette myself if thats the ride I was looking for (IMO)...
    The stock tri5 suspension and steering pretty much sucks. You can make some improvements with bolt-ons, but the suspension geometry still leaves a lot to be desired...but you're obviously too stupid to even understand what that means. A C4 conversion brings the suspension design forward 40 years, and is a major improvement to these cars. I've always said it's not for everyone, and obviously not for you since you're an old school 4-door kinda guy. LOL! You wouldn't know what performance is if you saw it. A 502 isn't necessary, and my next car will have a supercharged LS engine in it. Either one will run circles around your "sleeper".

A TriFive with a mild small block and an original under carrige is the best driving car ever made . They handle great, steer wonderful and stop just fine. I believe they were the best cars ever made.However chevysnuts knows all, done all and is all. His mouth kinda reminds me of a sheeps ass, shit just keeps coming from it all day. Good luck Laf with what ever you do, every little thing helps.
    What a crock of shit. A stock tri5 drives like a boat, the suspension is soft and mushy, they sway all over the road, the steering sucks, and the brakes are dangerous. That's why virtually anyone who knows anything upgrades the suspension, steering, and brakes. That shows what you know, you dumfuck wannabe.
    Last edited by chevynut; 01-04-2014 at 07:44 PM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Banned

oh chevysgonenuts you seem a little worked up. you really should calm down before you have a heart attack and all there is to help you is a black Dr. Then what would you do? Hop in your 502 sweet riding chevy and go find a real Dr,? OMG what if your Dr. is gay??? Your losing the battle little boy.

Member #:226
    Laf, you might work on the stopping and handling before you add any engine/power upgrades - as you will use these improvements no matter what the power plant.

Banned

oh BTW chevyhasnonuts I own my 55 4 door because I like them. Your making fun of me because I choice a 4 dr?. There is always a faster, cooler,shinner car out there. I built what I like, for me.

I love the way they drive, If what I was after was the ride of a Vette I would buy one. I think people should drive and build the way they want. Its a personal choice and would never put someone down for it.

yes your 502 super charged car would beat me in some types of races. You win chevyhasbignuts. You are way better then me and my POS 4 dr.....I am crushed. I better go to ebay and buy a 2 dr.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast