Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flashback '57

Member #:1821
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    I have to agree, nothing to extraordinary to be a hot conversation topic.
    Unlike your avatar.... Nice!!!

Member #:115
    Bob, I don't think anyone "shuns" that car any more than they shun other tri5's that we don't talk about. It's just not very interesting to me. I didn't know it was a HRM giveaway car either, but that doesn't mean much to me either. I really don't care about "numbers matching" tri5s and I think very few people today do...but I own one. It's a 57 4-door 210 sedan with about 49K miles on it. Hopefully the market for these cars returns and I'll probably sell it.

I first assembled my Nomad in 1979-82. It had a C3 Corvette independent rear, my home-brew front disc brakes, a Muncie 4-speed, and a 435HP/427 BBC. To me, it was more interesting than that sedan by far...and it wasn't red . A divorce prevented me from finishing it back then and I didn't touch it for about 20 years.

It's amazing how things have changed over the decades. If that was "over the top" in 84, imagine what one of today's cars would have been like if it was built back then.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Bob, I don't think anyone "shuns" that car any more than they shun other tri5's that we don't talk about. It's just not very interesting to me. I didn't know it was a HRM giveaway car either, but that doesn't mean much to me either. I really don't care about "numbers matching" tri5s and I think very few people today do...but I own one. It's a 57 4-door 210 sedan with about 49K miles on it. Hopefully the market for these cars returns and I'll probably sell it.

I first assembled my Nomad in 1979-82. It had a C3 Corvette independent rear, my home-brew front disc brakes, a Muncie 4-speed, and a 435HP/427 BBC. To me, it was more interesting than that sedan by far...and it wasn't red . A divorce prevented me from finishing it back then and I didn't touch it for about 20 years.

It's amazing how things have changed over the decades. If that was "over the top" in 84, imagine what one of today's cars would have been like if it was built back then.
    I appreciate your response chevynut. Sounds like you were spinning wrenches while I had my nose in the magazines. You're dead on about the #s matching thing. That's true of most all cars right now. I consider myself a rodder, but still have a soft spot for genie originals. Guess the Flashback car just left it's stamp on that impressionable 16yr. old back then. Gave me something to aspire to. But then again, a 427/4spd Nomad would be a blast to drive for any 16 yr. old aswell. I can relate to the "ex-tended" build time too. (Pun intended) Been trying to get my sedan going since '96 & it's still in primer. One day.......

Member #:4703

i own this car

Quote Originally Posted by BONNEVILLE BOB View Post
    Attachment 2737Attachment 2738

Anybody got pics or kool stories 'bout this one?
    I own this car! you interested in buying it?

Member #:3217
    Hi Lucy, How about you attach some current photos and let us know where it can be seen nowadays? I'd guess many of us might be interested with some current information..

lucymurphey

Quote Originally Posted by lucymurphey View Post
    I own this car! you interested in buying it?
    Have you got any recent pics?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12