Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: swaybar

Banned

Member #:1708
    On another note, removing the sway bar from your car at the drag strip will take off about 3/10 of a second from your ET

Registered Member

Member #:571
    On another note, removing the sway bar from your car at the drag strip will take off about 3/10 of a second from your ET
    How can it do that? A false statement.

Member #:777
    Potential improvement would vary from car to car. Just would depend on how much the sway bar limits weight transfer to the rear, and how badly lack of weight transfer affects traction.

Banned

Not false, I had this discussion at the track, I made a run with it then without, 3/10 diff. Put it back on and tried again, same result.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    How can it do that? A false statement.
    Wow Rick when I think of all the $$$ I have seen spent in my day to gain a couple tenths. This guy is a regular Grumpy or Smokey we should feel blessed to havce the benefit of his vast knowledge.

Banned

You dont believe me markcum? Did your car have a front sway bar? Did you take it off and try? Or did you just use money to try and buy ET? I do not pretend, like you and ur nutty friend to know everything. I am just relaying my own exsperence. Maybe the time clocks were off? Maybe I just happened to to run faster each time we unbolted the sway bar?.. maybe.... I did it twice with the same results. Sometimes I wonder why anyone dares to say anything on this site .As soon as you do markcum and chevyhasnonuts has to down it. You both are so arrogant, self centered and self absorded wanna be smart asses, its sicking.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Wow Rick when I think of all the $$$ I have seen spent in my day to gain a couple tenths. This guy is a regular Grumpy or Smokey we should feel blessed to havce the benefit of his vast knowledge.
    If you don't know that a drag car should lift in front to transfer weight then you don't know shit. If his car saw 3/10 then that is true for his car, others results may vary and most likely will.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I'd say that if the car actually ran 0.3 sec quicker, mr. sleeper is not a very consistent driver. No way does something like that make 0.3 difference.

3/10 is a lot but if it made lots of power and had no traction it would have to lift a lot to lose that much ET but I'm not going to sit here and call him a liar, I just read it and move on except for all the rhetoric that others come up with.

Banned

Your a smart man Maddog, blown SB with a 6sp and street tires. Traction was an issue. rick makes a good point,I am a rookie racer but a very succesful well known driver shared his story with me and asked me to try it, that was the my result. I can ask him in Pomona in a few weeks to give me his results from back in the 70s.
    Next time I will just keep my mouth shut and let the three amegos answer everything since they know all. have at it rick mark cnuts

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast