Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Radiator Information

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Registered Member

Member #:532
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Bluegrass, for what applications do the pumps have them switched? I think most truck pumps are as you and I describe too. Are some of the later models different?
    I guess I should have said the early Camaro is a right side as the later models are left. Honestly I think its either a preference thing, like looking old school or just what maybe looks cleaner in your setup. I'm actually going to pick up my water pump this morning at my local NAPA store. I'm using the Vette setup with Holley Brackets. The strangest part is there is a big difference in the price of the earlier model pump vs the newer and they're pretty much the same pump. With the Vette damper and Holley brackets you can pretty much use anything except the truck pump. I wound up being better off buying a new one ($150) because I have no core. Shipping and all considered NAPA was best deal for me. The attached pictures are from the Holley documents. Incidentally if you look on Holley's website for their LS bracket info there is a ton of info regarding the front accessories which parts work with what and part number info. It helped me greatly. My next hurdle is my power steering pump. The stock ones have a clamped hose provision for the return and I wish to do all AN Hose. I may have to look at some Circle Track sources to find one or perhaps pull the tube and tap the pump. I'm not real familiar with the later model pumps so I'll be spending some quality Google time soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images