X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackhorse 3/11
    Registered Member
    • Mar 2012

Safety, tips and triicks eh...

Fire drill..lol I know it sounds corny..

After emphatically telling my son to think to GET the fire extinguisher when he realizes we have one or when I yell fire! I did it one day...

I was under the car doing some torch work, i could see his feet from under the car, so i zapped the oxygen lever a couple a times, cursed and said got a fire Kyle...

He took like half a step forward and then back to where the extinguisher hangs on the wall, and NOW he's hauling ass around the car to where i am...

Perfect!
    sigpic

"you want me to build you a car like this..? OK, drop $100k in the bank and give me the pin #..."
  • carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
    Registered Member
    • Jan 2011

everyone should have extinguishers in cars and home.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Comment

• Romax55
      Registered Member
      • Mar 2012

Blackhorse ; you lucked out having your son there . A lot of shop time is spent here with one of us in the shop , and the other on the road ; it just means those riskier operations have to wait till we have the extra set of hands . It seems the longer the interval between near-misses , the less vigilant we become ; I spent 24 years as a Health and Safety rep for a toolmaking shop , and I'm the worst offender at times . Good idea to have that fire protection handy , and maybe do a little assessment now and then of just what the risks are . Be safe.......Bob.

Comment

• chasracer
        Registered Member
        • Mar 2018

Ditto for sure. Fire's a nasty creature. I have been on fire three times involving racing cars. I see these kids show up for some Friday night action and they're wearing Mechanix gloves. I try to tell them if they do have a fire, those nylon gloves are going to be their worst enemy. And they are not going to believe the pain involved when a doctor has to remove those burn fibers from their already scorched skin.
        Remember the "13"

sigpic

Comment

Working...