Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headers for my 57 chevy 1/2 ton pu

Registered Member

Member #:2494

Headers for my 57 chevy 1/2 ton pu

Mornin....newbe here.....looks like a great source for info......been trying to sort out what headers will fit my truck and I have to say it's a little overwhelming at least for this old timer......same old story....on a limited budget.....I do have a set of ram horn cast iron manifolds that came with the first sbc that I put in it a long time back now...... but would like to know what you folks would suggest for headers.....really appreciate any help and thanks for your time...............Ray
    Last edited by Country Cadillac; 04-02-2015 at 07:43 AM.

Member #:524
    A little info please like does the truck have a stock suspension? If not what IFS?

Registered Member

Hey BAM55.....It has a MMII w/2" drop spindles....350sbc...700r4...sorry about that...should have included that info....Ray

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    might look into some kind of hugger type, www.summitracing.com would be a good place to start.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

You said you are on a budget. For Mid Length headers I know that the these will work http://www.summitracing.com/search?S...eyword=H8025-1
    They are trifive Patriot Headers.

Also any block hugger will work.

Registered Member

carls 56.....Oh I've been to summit a number of times and boy they got a lot of um.....not sure if a set of long tubes will work...they say those have the best flow....just how do you tell if they're goin' to fit....there techs can't give me a definite answer and I have no experience with which headers will fit the truck....I'm sure hugger style will fit but their flow is not great according to summit videos.....
    Last edited by Country Cadillac; 04-03-2015 at 12:50 PM.

Registered Member

BAM 55....I went and took a look at the set you said will work..... their application didn't include trucks or 168 tooth flexplates which I have.... and that's confusing.....I am in no way saying that the info you gave me is not correct cause you are far more knowledgeable then I am....so you or your friends have used them on a 57 chevy pu and they work fine ? I do have the power brakes under the floor and don't know if that would make a difference.....thanks Ray
    Last edited by Country Cadillac; 04-03-2015 at 12:51 PM.

Say man you are suppose to question everything especially the things posted on the net. I have no issue with that its your pride and joy. You should get info and still do your research. But here are some pics of those headers for you. Its a task force truck (like yours) with small block, and mustang 2 suspension.

Here is a pic of the steering linkage.

This is not my project its a net buddy of mines.

If you are not comfortable going that route here is what a set of block huggers would look like. This is a Chevy AD truck which has a narrower frame in the front than yours.

Last edited by BAM55; 04-03-2015 at 04:43 PM.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Unless its a race car I would consider 2.5 inch ramshorn manifolds, not a fan of headeraches.

Member #:115
    Headers just sound so cool compared to iron manifolds, IMO. I always loved that "tinny" sound of the exhaust going through the tubes.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast