Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Cecil the lion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Member #:115

Cecil the lion

http://nypost.com/2015/07/28/america...-beloved-lion/

So now the animal rights retards are up in arms over a guy who paid $50K to shoot a lion in Africa. This guy hired a professional hunter and paid to get onto private land bordering a national park. They baited to try to draw in a lion and "Cecil" apparently fell for the bait and got shot with a bow and arrow.

In my eyes, this hunter did nothing wrong. Unfortunately he didn't get a quick kill and they had to track the lion down, but that can happen with a bow and arrow or a rifle. He apparently had a legal permit and did not shoot the animal in the park. maybe something will come out to clarify what else may have happened, but to this point I think it was all legal. I don't even know why they've arrested the PH and the landowner, maybe just for show.

If I was hunting around Rocky Mountain National Park or even Yellowstone, it would be perfectly legal for me to shoot an elk or moose that wandered off of the park, whether it had a radio collar or not, or even if it was some sort of "celebrity". There was a popular bull elk named "Samson" who got shot illegally outside of RMNP several years ago and everyone went nuts. The only thing the guy really did wrong was he didn't have a license to shoot an elk, and I think he may have shot it on YMCA property. But if he would have had a license and permission to hunt there, it would still be a dead elk and they probably still would have raised hell about it.

How was this dentist guy supposed to know he was shooting a "beloved" lion? How was he supposed to know it was radio-collared, when lions have a big mane that would cover any collar?

If I was this guy I'd be carrying a gun with me at all times. There are some real nutcases around who would kill or beat him in revenge, and those same people probably have no problem with killing a baby months into a pregnancy by "crushing" it (as per Planned Parenthood).

And this liberal bitch Mia Farrow had no right to post the dentist's address, imo. If he gets attacked I think she should be charged with aiding and abetting a crime.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...r/?intcmp=hpff

This article just posted suggests the landowner may be the one responsible...so why is everyone going after the dentist?:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/africa...e-lion-killed/

Investigations suggest the killing of Cecil was illegal because the landowner "was not allocated a lion on his hunting quota for 2015," said a statement from the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority and Safari Operators Association of Zimbabwe.
    Last edited by chevynut; 07-29-2015 at 01:54 PM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax