Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Picked up my new C4 chassis!

Banned

Member #:2775

Picked up my new C4 chassis!

Picked up a new c4 chassis for my 55 yesterday, and it looks great. Ready to assemble, using all the stock C4 suspension parts. Painted seamless frame with transmission cross member, welded rear cross member with a torque arm. Everything is finished very nice with all the mounts and fully boxed dog bone mounts. I got such a great deal on it, I can't even say, other than thousands of $. Just having them haul it 3/4 of the way here, only left my with a 4 hour drive to pick it up. Saved me enough time and money to easily justify buy the 22 gallon ready to bolt in Rick's tank, which I never considered before. Also got to see 4 different C4 conversion cars that where driven a long ways to the, Back to the 50's car show for the weekend. 55 wagon, 57 wagon, a really cool 30's something rat rod truck, and a 55 truck that had just traveled 2300 miles. All of them were LSX powered. Now I just have to finally get busy working on my car.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 06-17-2016 at 04:27 AM.

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    congrats, exciting times ahead.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Registered Member

Member #:532
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    Picked up a new c4 chassis for my 55 yesterday, and it looks great. Ready to assemble, using all the stock C4 suspension parts. Painted seamless frame with transmission cross member, welded rear cross member with a torque arm. Everything is finished very nice with all the mounts and fully boxed dog bone mounts. I got such a great deal on it, I can't even say, other than thousands of $. Just having them haul it 3/4 of the way here, only left my with a 4 hour drive to pick it up. Saved me enough time and money to easily justify buy the 22 gallon ready to bolt in Rick's tank, which I never considered before. Also got to see 4 different C4 conversion cars that where driven a long ways to the, Back to the 50's car show for the weekend. 55 wagon, 57 wagon, a really cool 30's something rat rod truck, and a 55 truck that had just traveled 2300 miles. All of them were LSX powered. Now I just have to finally get busy working on my car.
    Got any pictures?

Member #:777
    Who did you buy the frame from?

Member #:2442
    Was it RR from MT? Just talked to them about wheels that will work on mine.
    Brian

Banned

Banned

Only a total of 3 hours on a quick detail of the Dana 44 Grand Sport rear with a fine wire cup brush using WD-40 as a lube, I'm happy with the way it looks. Don't know what is so different about the aluminum on the differential housing, but it will take paint to fix that someday. After only another 2 hours wrestling the complete rear assembly in the frame, I'm ready to install the front suspension, after cutting off the stock engine mounts. Sorry I still need to l still need to learn how to post pics. Easy on face book. Hope to have a roller real soon.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 06-23-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Member #:1653
    pics?

Registered Member

Member #:1806
    At least give us a link to your face book where the pics are.

Banned

Ok, first try posting a picture. This is the chassis I built from scratch for my Camaro.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast