Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home Defense

Member #:2941
    Impressive, Dave! (the DP-12). Shooter's choice of clothing for the video...... Not sure why he made that choice, either.

In our case...... We got busy with life and put off attending to home defence and personal carry measures whilst things were going well during President Trump's administration.

Frankly, the stolen elections caught us off guard. Silly us...... We knew the Democrat political machine cheats like nobody's business each election and that 'establishment Republicans' cannot be counted upon to hold them to account...... But felt sure we, the people would either prevail by a wide enough margin at the polls to overcome the voter fraud and election rigging...... Or that the Justice Dept., Supreme Court, Congress or the VP would step up, get to the bottom of things and set things right.

So what happened? Well...... Firstly, we did not count on what we now know was done with the Dominion voting machines. And secondly, we found that our trust in the 'system' was misplaced.

All those who could...... And should...... Have stepped up and ensured that the 2020 elections were fair and legit...... Failed the American people. Sold us out. So now, we have an illegitimate regime comprised of far left radicals who have seized power in Washington and they are pushing their Marxist globalist agenda on the American people with such speed that things are going downhill much faster than even I could have anticipated. And as a result, we are doing our best to catch up and acquire the things we will need in a lawless world gone mad.

Yes, we share your concerns with respect to what these people are likely to try regarding our 2nd Amendment rights...... And a lot of other things, as well. So we are laying in provisions with the thought in mind that at some point, supplies will be unavailable.

Regarding the Kalashnikov 12 gauge 'short-barreled firearm'...... Like a great many 12 gauge semi-autos, the manufacturer recommends high brass buck shot or slugs. Low recoil ammo is said not to cycle well in them, but there is some adjustment possible and following break-in and adjustment, some will indeed cycle with the lighter, low recoil loads. I'll let you know how ours does once we have it in hand and have the opportunity to break it in at the range.

The reason I went with semi-auto shotguns is we need more capacity (shells) than a double barrel coach gun would provide. And in a stressful environment (lead flying in both directions), I would be concerned with my wife (or possibly even myself) inadvertently short racking a pump shotgun between shots in the heat of the moment. So I went with semi-autos. That does limit the types of ammo we can run in them, but its an acceptable tradeoff in my mind.

Best regards,

Harry
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Staff Sergeant Roy Benavidez......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3nncd4sxaM&t=466s

Dave, FedEx delivered the 12 gauge Kalashnikov and extra mags to our FFL up in Tomball yesterday. Picked them up late afternoon. Our FFL is a pawn shop that doubles as a gun store (hey, its Texas!). Small town, family run business.

When I got there, the dust was still settling from a sizeable dust up and Sheriff's deputies and EMS were just leaving. Seems several people came in and tried to hold them up an hour before. Bad guys were after Rollex watches and cash. The lady who brought me the FFL paperwork to fill out said the used Rollexes were worth $11,000 each. I knew Rollexes were expensive, but had no idea used ones went for that much.

Deputy on scene told me murders are up 27% in Harris County since beginning of this year (result of Democrat judges and DAs putting violent repeat offenders awaiting trial back on the street with minimal, if any, bail...... Including those charged with murder). Not sure about armed robberies and home invasion stats. Should have asked. But the FFL lady at the pawn shop was still shaken up from what went down earlier and I was distracted.

In any case...... I'm glad we have the 12 gauge Kalashnikov and Benelli for home defence. Haven't fired the Kalashnikov yet, but it has good balance, action works smoothly and fit of parts seems good. Will definately need a larger diameter charging handle and relocate vertical foregrip to suit. Otherwise, seems made to order.

Best regards,

Harry

Registered Member

Member #:3292

Living in the country

has it's perks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #:33
    cool sign, put a smile on my face.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

.. Good on you, Old Buzzard! We maintain a low profile at our place, but appreciate the sentiment.

Our next door neighbour has one like this on his porch above his front door......

Best regards,

Harry

Registered Member

Another

at the door.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Appreciate the sentiment, Old Buzzard. Around here, signs and bumper stickers are a red flag to criminals. So we don't post any at our place beyond the usual 'No Trespassing' and 'Beware of Dog' warnings. Same reason we just keep my state issued handicapped parking placard in the glove box and hang it from our rearview mirror when parking rather than have Texas license plates denoting 'handicapped' or 'purple heart' or 'DAV' on them.

We live in a high crime area at present and that stuff just makes you a target around here. I am 73 now. Get around on crutches (too proud and stubborn to use a walker nor a wheel chair until I have no other option).

Hoping to get through the rest of my years on this earth without having to take another life. Had enough of that during the war. That's why I never start fights. Only finish them if I have no other choice.

The other side of that, though...... Is that I have a duty...... An obligation...... To defend my wife and my neighbours and myself against those who would do us harm and I will do my best to make a good accounting of myself in the event that I must do so.

Let's face it...... Being put in the position of having to take a life to save a life...... Sucks. And I sincerely hope it never comes to that again. But like it or not...... We live in an increasingly dangerous world, thanks to those who have recently seized power in America...... And we are pretty much on our own now. So must act accordingly, should we find ourselves in a situation where we have no other viable option.

Best regards,

Harry

Registered Member

"Appreciate the sentiment, Old Buzzard. Around here, signs and bumper stickers are a red flag to criminals".
    Around here we call it bait!

Oft times, our first instinct is the correct one. Took my wife to a gun store yesterday so she could get a feel for the new 9mm S&W semi-auto pistols I have on order (they have been on back order for over 2 months now).

They had the same model there only without the bells and whistles I had specified for hers. Wanted her to check the weight, balance and work the action to make sure these suit her. Glad we took the time to do that.

As it happens, we are getting on in years and my wife has arthritis in her hands. She has a hard time racking the slide back and operating the slide release. So we are both staying with revolvers for personal carry.

Best regards,

Harry

Member #:33
    good choice on revolvers. those other type can be hard to rack even if no health issues.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast