Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where all of the finished C4 conversion vehicles at? Not much feedback anywhere!

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Even I might add upper control arms and PS. Bottom line My arthritis does not like lowered cars or lifted monster trucks any more than I do. Also have to agree on garage queens that never show at track or anywhere else.

Member #:115
    IMO a "garage queen" is better than a rat rod or a cobbled together "restoration". Anyone can put a car together by rattle-can "restoring" stock parts and bolting them back on. Even the kits out there are no challenge to install and everyone has the same stuff. None of that is interesting.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:777
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    IMO a "garage queen" is better than a rat rod or a cobbled together "restoration". Anyone can put a car together by rattle-can "restoring" stock parts and bolting them back on. Even the kits out there are no challenge to install and everyone has the same stuff. None of that is interesting.

So says the King of garage Queens

Registered Member

Actually the idea of road racing a 55-57 is all wrong I feel much more at home with the concept in one of my Camaros or Corvette. To much interior room I feel like I am in a truck. But I am out driving my stuff while others are polishing their parts.

Actually I think the idea of drag racing a 55-57 is all wrong because I think the Camaros or Corvettes are a lot better on the dragstrip. But I'm in the shop having a good time building a modern high end car to my liking while others are driving their cobbled together rattle-canned drivers with obsolete 60's parts. LMAO!

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Member #:2442
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    C4 = waste of time and MONEY

Bolt on a sway bar, disc brakes and enjoy your car driving it not looking at it in your garage for 20 years, LOL
    I don't think I wasted my time or money!! My car was apart for 8 months or so, and most of that was over the winter when I don't drive it up here anyway. I could have spent as much or more on bolt-on parts anyway. I would do it again it a heartbeat. I have put more miles on my 55 this summer because it's a lot more fun to drive. My only regret is that it's almost time to put it away for the winter already.
    Brian

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Actually I think the idea of drag racing a 55-57 is all wrong because I think the Camaros or Corvettes are a lot better on the dragstrip. But I'm in the shop having a good time building a modern high end car to my liking while others are driving their cobbled together rattle-canned drivers with obsolete 60's parts. LMAO!
    Corvettes really, now look who is an authority on drag racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Custer55 View Post
    I don't think I wasted my time or money!! My car was apart for 8 months or so, and most of that was over the winter when I don't drive it up here anyway. I could have spent as much or more on bolt-on parts anyway. I would do it again it a heartbeat. I have put more miles on my 55 this summer because it's a lot more fun to drive. My only regret is that it's almost time to put it away for the winter already.
    Brian
    IF you did your car with C4 in 8 months then you are definitely the exception and you now have the time to enjoy it. It's those fools that work on a car for 10, 20 years that don't have a clue as to enjoyment, well if their enjoyment is spending years working in a garage then more power to them.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Corvettes really, now look who is an authority on drag racing.

He's the authority on EVERYTHING, don't you know that by now?

Unlike some here who probably couldn't build a custom bracket if they needed to, I actually enjoy the build no matter how long it takes me. Some guys here are apparently too embarrassed to even show pictures of their cars. We've seen a 20-foot picture of one of them, but nothing showing the suspension, interior, or engine which is where the detail really shows. One guy has never even posted one stinking picture that I'm aware of, and I seriously doubt he even owns a tri5.

I'd much rather do a nice build that drive a cobbled-together piece of crap just so I can say I have a driver. Besides, I have a tri5 I could drive if I really wanted to.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast