Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where all of the finished C4 conversion vehicles at? Not much feedback anywhere!

Banned

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    That would probably be you, constantly bringing up inane BS that you can't explain. When proven wrong you just shut up.

But at least you can show pics of stuff you bolted together.
    Ding...ding...ding. We have a WINNER! At least this site is somewhat entertaining.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 11-04-2016 at 04:18 PM.

Member #:777
    Entertaining was watching cnutroll get his ass handed to him on a platter by Otis, now that was funny. You know what, Otis was right cnutroll will never drive his garage queen.

Registered Member

Member #:827
    I guess I am one of those fools with a garage queen. Bought my Nomad in 1986, test drove & my friend drove it home for me, His borrowed repair plate. I work on when I have time & money. It is a fun hobby that I don't have to drive to enjoy. Some day I hope to drive it. Two year ago decided on c4 suspension. I don't believe doing it will set be back in time to complete it. But if it does I think I will still be ahead with the end result. And it that makes me a fool ore whatever else so be it.

user16522_pic22371_1304645488_thumb.jpg

Is that a Grand National? Hopefully 86 or 87
    Maybe a T type, lens aren't blacked out.
    Last edited by Maddog; 11-04-2016 at 09:17 PM.

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by Olderthandirt View Post
    I guess I am one of those fools with a garage queen. Bought my Nomad in 1986, test drove & my friend drove it home for me, His borrowed repair plate. I work on when I have time & money. It is a fun hobby that I don't have to drive to enjoy. Some day I hope to drive it. Two year ago decided on c4 suspension. I don't believe doing it will set be back in time to complete it. But if it does I think I will still be ahead with the end result. And it that makes me a fool ore whatever else so be it.
    OTD, I agree with you. Some guys like the "instant gratification" of buying a completed car or cobbling one together quickly so they can drive it and they don't understand guys like us who love to build stuff and try new, different things or build a higher quality car. I bought my car in 73 and had a couple of false starts on it then it went into storage in the early 80's for over 20 years. I have a list of repairs, modifications, new parts and upgrades that I've done to my car and it's 2 pages long in WORD. And the car is moving toward completion steadily. I've seen cars built in shops that sometimes take several years with a team of guys working on it almost full time. Some of the guys here complaining about how long it's taking some of us to build a car couldn't fab a simple throttle bracket or replace a rocker panel, much less build custom inner fenders or custom hood hinges. They can bolt on simple parts and that's about it. And they're apparently too embarrassed to show their car to anyone.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:625
    You only have one year of ownership on me and it took me 28 years to be on the road. Difference is I had started and finished other cars, many I still own, in that time and was not trash talking those with completed cars.

Registered Member

No it is what I call a poor mans Grand National. It's an 84 GN, built in 83 with leather interior & T-tops.

Registered Member

Cnut Back in the 80 the only had the four floor pans. The rest had to be made up & with limited equipment did not have all the original bends & rolls. Now with the complete floor sections including under rear seat. I started over & replaced the hole floor with the two half sections. A set back but to me it will better in the end. To me it not how long a project will take, I just did it to please myself. I have a friend with a 33 Oldsmobile he purchased in 1976. He just this year started sending parts out for chroming. He has never driven the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Olderthandirt View Post
    No it is what I call a poor mans Grand National. It's an 84 GN, built in 83 with leather interior & T-tops.

I hear you, 86 and 87 are the only years for me. Had an 86.

Member #:230
    I know of 2 complete c4 trifive conversions in my area that have been driven, know both of them and talking with both of them they loved the c4 conversions. Both conversions were done on Nomads and both were 56 Nomads one was done locally in my area Cheney WA which is not far outside of Spokane WA, The other 56 Nomad was a Newman Chassis.

the gentlemen with the 56 that was locally built tragically is no longer with us as he passed on from cancer, RIP Larry. The other Nomad recently sold on Barrett Jackson for big bucks, of course LOL.

I do know of one more c4 chassis that is not running locally but the person with it has not given up on using it, he just does not have funds to make it happen at this time in his life.

This is a picture of the car that has the Newman Chassis

Here is a picture of the car built locally https://www.flickr.com/photos/daddio/6192004179/in/photostream/ here is another shot of the Nomad at our car show
    Last edited by 56-210Sedan; 11-06-2016 at 08:28 AM.
    55 Belair 2dr Sedan 350/350 loving every minute of it.
    56-210 2dr Sedan c4 front/rear suspension, and not sure when the ride will roll.
    Marty

http://www.picturetrail.com/56-210sedan

http://saccc567.com/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234