Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Straight Scoop on Disc Brakes

Registered Member

Member #:625

Straight Scoop on Disc Brakes

Here is what a running driving car actually looks like with a 225/70/15 tire using 1970 Chevelle style rotors. The example previously posted on here of the Nomad did not accurately depict things. Its purpose was to try and sell chassis conversions. I am selling nothing but the truth.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #:777
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Here is what a running driving car actually looks like with a 225/70/15 tire using 1970 Chevelle style rotors. The example previously posted on here of the Nomad did not accurately depict things. Its purpose was to try and sell chassis conversions. I am selling nothing but the truth.

I would guess that's a 15x6 wheel. It's the fools that try to use an 8" wide wheel that have problems

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884
    That looks great Mark you need a set of these to top it off.

Last edited by rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017; 11-07-2016 at 07:21 AM.

Registered Member

Cool. I have a set of 225/70/15 Goodyear Eagles on stock rallys with dog dish 56 hubcaps I used to run.

Registered Member

Member #:2579
    Is that a 6" wheel or a 7" ?

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884
    Cool. I have a set of 225/70/15 Goodyear Eagles on stock rallys with dog dish 56 hubcaps I used to run.
    I like that look also. I have been torn between the 5 spoke American or the new billet rally's with dog dish caps for a more factory look. Might even run white walls with that setup..

Registered Member

My current rallys and these are both 15x6. Same wheels on front of my 55 with 215/70/15 with 15x8.5 on rear.
    Last edited by markm; 11-07-2016 at 07:50 AM.

Member #:1653
    Not certain of what you want to convey but a straight on image like this offers no real definition. A before and after of the tire relative to fender edge may give more insight as to the effected change on can expect. Also, the back spacing on the wheel needs to be published. I'm not criticizing your effort so please take no offense. I understand the intended objective but the method of documenting may need consideration.

A front shot with either a string/plumb bob or other reference may be helpful.

Member #:115
    Oh lookie marks found a camera!! Notice you neglect to show what it's like from the front. How deceitful. You can't see the issue from the side. The wheel mounting surface is 61.25" wide with those 50 year old Chevelle rotors. The outside of the tires is over 70 inches wide with zero offset wheels and 225 tires which is about the same as the inside of the fender lips. It looks stupid like that imo. If the car didn't sit sky high the tires would rub the fenders. If the car is dropped and the suspension compresses to where to fender is below the top of the tire it will rub. That's what I said in the prior thread where you obviously got butt hurt. I'd Throw away that 50 year old garbage that doesn't fit right and get a proper disc brake kit that keeps the tires in the fenderwells. Imo.

Wheel size doesn't matter, only tire size and wheel offset. Notice he also neglects to post wheel offset..... Probably doesn't know. Typical. lol!

My purpose in pointing this out was to help the previous poster from making a mistake using those rotors when there's better ones available. That's what I said before. I never tried to sell him anything. I sell c4 stuff to guys who want high performance upgrades not 60 year old junk.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Wheel size doesn't matter, only tire size and wheel offset. Notice he also neglects to post wheel offset..... Probably doesn't know. Typical. lol!

Garden variety 3.66 nothing special.

What's funny is all the nice comments I get when I dive it. Something you know nothing about.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast