Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice Brake Upgrade

Registered Member

Member #:625

Nice Brake Upgrade

When I narrowed the 1/2 ton Ford Camper Special Dana 60 for my 55 I used Toms Diff. axle ends that use Olds Bearings and Camaro / Chevelle backing plates & drums. I have recently learned that 77 Cutlass and some full size GM cars until 96 use same axle ends with 11 inch drums instead of 9.5. I just completed the swap and when I get my new tires on my 15X10 Torq Thrust I am ready to test drive. My 15x8.5s are going to visit my 67 Camaro with a pair of 15X6. Next up ditching the Metric calipers on 55 for 77 Cutlass ones.

Registered Member

Rained all night into AM, survived a test drive this afternoon around the section. 295/50/15 really fill the wheel well.

Member #:115
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:1653
    huh?

Registered Member

Member #:571
    OK I'll bite.

Looks like markm is participating again on the "dark side". As I have.

More going on over there in terms of discussion and content. Also the negative influences here personally attack you and demand you do things their way. When Otis and Terry attack you they just cut you off. Pick your poison. I'm maintaining both for now.

Member #:3
    Rick you hit the head on the nail

Really sad how people treat this site .

I'm really tired of pouring $$$$$$$$ into this for what is being done here
    I really wanted a place for people to talk , asked and feel at home,
    Now I understand why some rule with a Iron Fist.
    its just not in my cards .

Guess I will just have to wait and see how things go

Thanks Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Member #:1653
    Regardless of attitudes, mine included, it's all about CONTENT. If nothing takes place for days at a time, folks simply will NOT come here. The bickering, personal stabs, ridiculous attacks and many other things have driven most away. Those left here, few as it may be are diehards of two types - those wanting a smooth place to land and those exiled by their own choice. I was hopeful that growth would abound. I do think the sandbox is big enough for more than one site.

I also think the builds are dwindling due to completion for so many. This will diminish attendance unless there is reason to be here.

I left and for that I apologize. I should have simply ignored the reason behind my departure but the button had been pushed simply too many times.

I don't think an "Iron Hand" is required but some control may be better than none.

Member #:1723
    NCW said: Those left here, few as it may be are diehards of two types - those wanting a smooth place to land and those exiled by their own choice.

For me, there is an additional type. I am on this site, and two others. I get different value from all three, and don't restrict myself to any one. Thanks for the expertise and advice shared on this site (and on the other sites).
    Regards, Doug

Registered Member

Member #:3273
    Quote Originally Posted by Belair-o View Post
    NCW said: Those left here, few as it may be are diehards of two types - those wanting a smooth place to land and those exiled by their own choice.

For me, there is an additional type. I am on this site, and two others. I get different value from all three, and don't restrict myself to any one. Thanks for the expertise and advice shared on this site (and on the other sites).
    Regards, Doug
    Please do not take this wrong but, the "I get" is the real issue for me. "CONTENT" as posted by NCW is a two way street. Answering or getting answers is only half - Supplying new and fresh content (something I haven't done due to NO experience) is as important if not the most important part of membership regardless of the groups subject/reason for existence.

Registered Member

First I never want to hear from a certain A hole about hijacking a thread again.

Second Rick and NCW I haven't always completely agreed with you but this time you guys have nailed it, even when we have disagreed it has alleys been civil. I will not repeat what you have stated.

It is no secret I dislike pro touring and everything associated with it. I did not like pro touring when it started with Camaros. I started driving Z28s in the 70s, why they handled like slot cars. If you like traditional trifive stuff on here you get made fun of and called names. Bottom line is unlike a troll, I am more polite and subdued on here than in person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast