Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: Another Nomad project... :)

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I find it interesting hood installed first, I have always done it last. I am probabally doing that wrong too.

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I find it interesting hood installed first, I have always done it last. I am probabally doing that wrong too.
    Don't read anything into that.. When I bought the 'painted body', the sheet metal was attached and pretty well aligned. I left the doors and hood attached, but removed the fenders, rad support and inner fenders to facilitate getting the body mounted to the custom frame (and I had to trim the bottom of the inner fenders to clear the suspension. Another complicating factor considered was that I had NO MORE storage place for the hood that wouldn't get it scratched up..

I'm just about to the point of reattaching the front sheet metal...

Registered Member

Member #:4515
    Gorgeous - great project

Registered Member

Member #:625
    My brain just kicked in a 55-57 is one of the few cars that leaving the hood on is even possible when removing those parts. Most cars the hood hinge bolts to fender or inner fender.

Member #:3
    Gary beautiful 57 Mad , Love the color

Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Thanks Sid... but actually I prefer the original Matador Red... but this one was close enough and it was already sprayed.. k

Just so I could 'complete something' (and pick up some loose parts and get them installed on the car), I installed the spacer strips and linoleum on the tailgate today, along with the Mooks stainless trim and screws. I used contact cement on both the space strips and when installing the linoleum on the TG.

It seems that each task I start runs into some issue that causes it to be 'put on hold'... I've a half dozen tasks half or more completed, that are 'on hold'... Since it's been so long since I've actually had a 'good feeling' about a task being completed, I decided to proceed with finishing my tail gate area, and even though none of the rest of the interior is done yet, I did a final installation of the linoleum on the tailgate. It had been 'lying around and in my way' for quite some time, but now it's mounted, with new 'support strips', cemented down and mooks stainless trim installed to hold it all in place!

I haven't attached the hinge covers (because I can't remember which screws it calls for).. so they are just lying in place for the photos.

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    Looks great Gary, excellent job!

Registered Member

Member #:1806
    I can see the design dept now just sitting around having lunch, and one of them said "Hey, lets draw a wagon that has no practical use, we'll even make it a tudor so its no good for family use, and if we don't let the tail gate go flat it will even be difficult to load, then see what the brass says about it.
    Another one said "It needs to be one of the most expensive cars we have, or they might not understand that we are kidding."

What ever the reason, we all love em, and yours is looking great Gary.

Thanks Richard, Lee...

Lee.. your analysis is right on.... BUT the design guys were bitching because Harley Earl wanted them to 'produce' the standout features of the Waldorf Nomad in about 6 months on a standard '55 Chassis... !

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast