Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drew NM elk

Member #:3217
    I have to agree with most of that.. My first time in MT was last summer when we attended the CNA Convention in Billings (it was EXTREMELY hot during July there last year!).. After the convention, we drove on up to Glacier NP, then back down thru Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons... It was a good but long trip. I wanted to drive back thru Ft Collins to see if we could visit the New Belgium Brewery (I like their beer also!).. but the friends we were traveling along with wanted to go a different route..

A long time friend (A true blue Ford guy) moved from north Alabama to Montana last year, after first building a *special* garage there for his two *original Cobras*). He told me the first time he and his wife met up with the local MT car club, they each drove one of the Cobras! (Don't you bet they got some attention from that?)...

Member #:516
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Hey Troy, you probably know this by now but your stepdad's ranch sold . I called the realtor and talked to him about it and it was on the market for 2 days. It looks like he really made a great sale on it for only holding it 5 years (according to the realtor).
    No I didn't know that he had sold it. I don't talk to him much since my mom died. He probably made a nice profit, he always does. He (Bob) was a realtor as well and was one of the top sellers in the state of Montana. Bob could sell you something you already own for twice what you bought it for he was that good. Anyway good luck with your property search.

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    He probably made a nice profit, he always does.
    He made over 3 times his original purchase price. I found the website of a realtor he bought it from and thought that was the selling price now. Talking to our realtor yesterday he told me about a couple of guys who bought a 9700 acre ranch up there and sold it a year later for over 5 times what they paid or it. I guess it's a matter of finding the right buyer.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    He made over 3 times his original purchase price.
    HOLY S@#T, I guess maybe I'll have to get in touch with him again!!! LOL. I think he already bought another ranch in Oregon.

Member #:530
    I guess it's a matter of finding the right buyer.
    LMAO- You mean the ones escaping from California with all their equity in hand, driving up the prices? You better hurry up and buy Laslzo, before even YOU get priced out!
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

I just checked for myself... I'm already priced out.. For my budget, I can only afford 2 Acre ranch, and only wildlife is a hungry coyote...

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCrazy View Post
    LMAO- You mean the ones escaping from California with all their equity in hand, driving up the prices? You better hurry up and buy Laslzo, before even YOU get priced out!
    Yup! The Kalifornians have already driven up the property prices in NW Montana like they have everywhere else. There are still some places where prices are reasonable. I was just informed by our realtor that the owners of the land we're looking at are willing to entertain an offer in our proposed price range, so we'll probably be making one next week. My wife is freaked out. LOL!

I guess it's Coloradoans driving up the prices where we're looking. While we were up there we ran into two people from Colorado that recently moved there. They had the same complaints about Colorado as I have.

At least when I move I'm not going to try to change the culture there like the Kalifornicators do everywhere they go. I'm looking for a place where the culture is the way I want to live. Look at Jackson Hole. The mayor (probably some dipshit liberal) just took down a picture of Trump even though they have a history of posting pics of the current president. They had no problem with the picture of Obumbler. They Kalifornicated Jackson Hole too, but I saw that coming long ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...tatorship.html
    Last edited by chevynut; 06-16-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Maybe we in the remaining 'conservative' states need to implement our own 'statewide immigration' policies to keep out the Kooky Kool-aid Kalifornians and other liberals who want to move in and contaminate our politics?

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Hey wait Lazlo, I'm from Montana and transplanted into California!! Does your border mean I can't go back to my home land?!?! The last two years I lived in Montana we lived in the Bitter root Valley in a village called Darby. When I left there was an influx of Hollywood stars buying ranches and building huge summer vacation log homes. They were taking over in the early '80's!! The ranch we had there was only 50 acres but with a 1/2 mile of Bitter root river frontage. We used to walk to the river and catch fresh dinner!! We raised sheep and Llama's. The way I figure it, if a I hang out in California eventually they'll all be living in Montana with you!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast