Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomad final assembly

Banned

Member #:2775
    I thought you wanted your car finished long ago. I could do my own alignment, but it takes a lot of time just to get it close. Every adjustment moves something else, and you have to chase it around and around on your back. Even the thickness of the string is going to affect the toe readings, plus you will bump the strings and have to keep resetting it all again. Caster is a very sensitive adjustment needed that you don't find important. That's what fine tunes the steering to get it to track down the road on rails, which mine actually does perfectly with no steering pull. Goes right where you point it. Find a shop that will let you supervise the process and get your car on the road so you can find all the other things you will probably find to fix, I've been painfully following for 8 years and counting. I sat in my car for some of the alignment.
    The C4 suspension is nothing like trying to line up a Camaro, or shoebox, which I have done.
    Your tires you have on your car are probably well past their prime by now, and flat-spotted all over, and dried up. What tires are you going to run? The car needs to be aligned to the tires you will run, because they can also affect the alignment since it has to be tuned to the tires to be right on.
    I run the same size F/R and do not really want to rotate for that reason. They all have different rolling resistances. I have a hunter road force wheel balancer that actually measures it.
    IMG_8681.JPG
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 05-28-2023 at 05:07 PM.

Member #:3217
    Doing anything oneself gives one a great deal of satisfaction which never comes from 'opening one's wallet'....

Banned

It's been a couple weeks now, are you still working on the wheel alignment on your car???

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    It's been a couple weeks now, are you still working on the wheel alignment on your car???
    No, but you're obviously still the annoying asshole you were a couple weeks ago.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Banned

^^^

Registered Member

Member #:2579
    Does this site give you the ability to delete unwanted posts out of your thread?

Member #:530
    Rustaddict.
    Hell yes!
    Look at the top of the page. Click "Settings"
    Then on the left side, scroll down until you see Edit Ignore List and click that.
    Then follow the prompts to enter in the name of the dingbats you want to ignore.
    It deletes the content from those people in your (or any) thread, so you can't read whatever they spewed.
    Worked for me.
    Last edited by WagonCrazy; 06-21-2023 at 09:27 AM.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:2047
    Chevynut, haven't been on the site for quit some time, and "Wow", your car is sure coming along. I was following a long time ago, when you were doing the chassis setup, glad to see your goals are coming to fruition.

Member #:115
    Well another setback. I haven't worked on the Nomad for several months since I've been up in Montana a lot and have been trying to get my interior guy going on his work that he owes me. I went out to the shop yesterday to decide if I could take it off the blocks and put it on the floor, and I noticed two small puddles under it. One was right under the clutch slave, and the other below the fenderwell flap outside the frame. Both of them were brake fluid.

It doesn't look like the clutch slave is leaking where the pushrod comes out, or at the bleeder screw. So the only other place it could be leaking is at the banjo fitting I have at the end of it. I'm going to try tightening it first to see if I can get it to stop, but if not I'll have to replace the aluminum seal washers or remove it to see what's leaking.

I'm not sure where the brake system is leaking but it looks like it's at the inlet of the pump. All they had there is a stupid rubber bushing with a barb fitting pushed into it. I made an AN adapter to replace it using the same dimensions and it looks like that's where it's leaking. Also, there appears to be a small leak where the reservoir on top of the master cylinder attaches...again with a rubber bushing connecting them. It's the seal closest to the firewall. Not sure how to make these damn things seal better.

I have a spare brake pump but I'm not sure if I need to change it out or change the rubber bushing in it. I wish it was a threaded hole instead.

I hate leaks!

IMG_2616.JPG

IMG_2634.JPG
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:516
    Wow that sucks!!! I hope it didn't do any damage to your paint!!

ps,

I love those 12 pt nuts and bolts!! I used them when I was assembling a satellite (EUVE) for NASA!!

Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast