Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Searching For Front End Parts

Registered Member

Member #:3516

Question Searching For Front End Parts

Hi. I have a 56 that apparently someone has gone and added a frame that came from perhaps a later camaro or nova. The
    issue is I cannot determine what parts I need in order to build the front end with a rebuild kit? Person who sold me the car said
    the person he bought it from thinks it's a chevy 11 frame?

Would anyone have an idea on how to go about ordering the right parts for a front frame that has no markings or appears to
    look exactly like nova or camaro front end later models?

I wonder why someone replaced
    the frame to just upgrade it ten to 15 years, unless it might of been wreaked? Found disk rotors in trunk like they were planning
    to go with disk brakes. Yet could you not go with disks even on a tri-five original?

Thanks for any feed back.

Rick

Member #:1653
    The only way one could properly suggest or otherwise define a part to suit your need is to have imagery of what you have. Otherwise, we would only be wasting your time and money. A picture or 20 will give us a better ability to suggest a solution.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Does your steering box hook to the steering column with a rag joint. Any later steering must have one, original does not have one.

Member #:115
    There were lots of tri5 cars built with Camaro clips once upon a time. That's likely what you have if it's not the stock front end. If you can post a picture or two I'm sure someone can tell you what it's from.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax