Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Angle?

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Chevynut, I'm just poking fun. I wasn't offended about the car looking dumb comment. I'll have to measure mine. 7/8" per side ain't bad, better handling.
    I do doubt you have seen my car, she isn't real pretty but I love her anyway. She's low budget all around. Drive her more than I work on her.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Member #:1723
    Thanks Rick, Chevynut, and 56Mark for the suggestions and guidance. Do I need to have a complete alignment in place (and not just my rough one), before considering any tweaking of the spindle stops?
    Thanks, Doug

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Tony View Post
    Hmm, I never thought my front tires look stupid? Thanks for letting me know! I didn't even know the track was widened until I read it somewhere. I really don't think they are close to sticking out 1.75" from stock. What is stock measurement? I have maybe 20,000 miles on it without it rubbing even once. No it's not lowered, I think that looks stupid. My springs are made to support the BB and still be a little stiffer than stock.

If anyone thinks I said their car looks stupid lowered, well re-read what I quoted and you should catch on to what I am referring to. But even so it seriously doesn't do anything for me to have it lowered but to each is own. It's my ride and I'll do what I want and so should everyone else. If someone gave me lowering spindles for free I wouldn't use them. I suppose I'm going for the late 60's early 70's hot rod look, but not a gasser either. Not jacking up the rear either, it's my version of my street rod.
    I feel pretty much the same and have been trash talked by Cnut for it. Most people don't have the balls to take stand up to his bullying, you have moved up a few notches in my book Tony. I spent a lot of money building that early 60s look for my 56 and late 60s for my 55. I too built my cars to drive and don't need a bunch of internet praise for my build. I get that in person when I drive on of my cars to an event, chasing parts or just a Sunday drive. I am actually nicer on here than in person about this topic and have no problem telling people how terrible Chevelle rotors are and how stupid internet trolls think my cars look, the reactions I get are priceless

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I feel pretty much the same and have been trash talked by Cnut for it.
    No markm, I have just warned people about the Chevelle rotors you seem to love and you came after me every time I mentioned the problems with them. Anyone can go back and read the posts and see you were the attacker. For some reason you can't handle the fact that you use old 60's crap on your car that nobody uses anymore, or that nobody should use anymore, when there are much better parts available. You're stuck in the past, even admitting once that you still used a rotary phone LOL! Most guys want as more modern look and handling to their cars.

I really don't give a shit what you use on your car or what it looks like. Just don't try to con people into using the same garbage on their cars when there are obvious problems with it that you ignore, and there are alternatives.

It's the same as when I challenged the gestapo on Trifive for saying he put 295 tires on the back of his "stock" 57. He kept insisting that he did it, but finally admitted he modified the fenderwell lips. What if a guy bought 295s for his car based on his advice, and found out they don't fit his car? Is it wrong to warn someone about that?

Same with your claim that Chevelle rotors are "no problem". They're a big problem with a lowered car if the offset isn't corrected by wheel offset, which is what I have always said and you keep denying.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Banned

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    No markm, I have just warned people about the Chevelle rotors you seem to love and you came after me every time I mentioned the problems with them. Anyone can go back and read the posts and see you were the attacker. For some reason you can't handle the fact that you use old 60's crap on your car that nobody uses anymore, or that nobody should use anymore, when there are much better parts available. You're stuck in the past, even admitting once that you still used a rotary phone LOL! Most guys want as more modern look and handling to their cars.

I really don't give a shit what you use on your car or what it looks like. Just don't try to con people into using the same garbage on their cars when there are obvious problems with it that you ignore, and there are alternatives.

It's the same as when I challenged the gestapo on Trifive for saying he put 295 tires on the back of his "stock" 57. He kept insisting that he did it, but finally admitted he modified the fenderwell lips. What if a guy bought 295s for his car based on his advice, and found out they don't fit his car? Is it wrong to warn someone about that?

Same with your claim that Chevelle rotors are "no problem". They're a big problem with a lowered car if the offset isn't corrected by wheel offset, which is what I have always said and you keep denying.
    60's, to 80's, not a HUGE improvement anyway compared to 2018. So what exactly is so modern about your 56 that is basically 34 year old technology that is equivalent to new cars now? Does it have the latest engine design, ABS, traction control, stability control, tire pressure sensors, lane departure, blind spot monitors, adaptive cruise, air bags, crumple zones, headrests, 3 point belts, and many more I can't even think of???
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 01-09-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    News flash Cnut anyone using Chevelle rotors is probably not lowering their car as they are for use with stock spindles not dropped so STFU. I too don't care what you do to your station wagon its still a cinder block on wheels compared to my C3 Corvette with spring and sway bar upgrades, so go back to your TRS80 Computer and work on the tune on your 50 year old trash truck motor..

Registered Member

Member #:571
    We've made a lot of laps around this track.

Both chevynut and markm need to let it go.

Fact is, there's situations where the Chevelle rotors are fine, and others where they aren't. It's just simple as that. Belittling people and calling certain parts junk doesn't serve any purpose other than to show unneeded arrogance, bias, or anger.

Member #:1653
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    We've made a lot of laps around this track.

Both chevynut and markm need to let it go.

Fact is, there's situations where the Chevelle rotors are fine, and others where they aren't. It's just simple as that. Belittling people and calling certain parts junk doesn't serve any purpose other than to show unneeded arrogance, bias, or anger.
    Beat me to it, well said. I was also thinking Sid had re-established that we would no longer do this childish crap. This is not building the site.

Member #:3606
    Guys, I came over here to see more good technical car information. There is a lot of know-how here. One thing I told one of my kids about me moving over here from the other site was that most of the people here think for themselves and are not going to go with the flow when they think the flow is wrong. I know many of us are engineers or technical minded type people and often with that comes strong opinions and sometimes clashes. I see it at work often; you know engineers are always right, myself included. I hate it when it turns out I am wrong. The more I learn, I realize the less I know. And sometimes there are several acceptable answers.

As far as the Chevelle rotors I bought some when I was a trifive newbie, they worked OK on my car before I decided to lower it. I didn't really notice the look was much different but the tires were 205's that came on the car. I dropped it 2" with spindles that have about 3/8" offset on each side and put a little wider tire on and that works fine for me. I sold the slightly used Chevelle rotors to a guy that put them on a 55 wagon that was stock height and as far as I know, worked fine.

I sure don't want to see threads on the other site that talk about not getting along over here. Of course that may not happen since they are not allowed to mention this site or link to it.
    56-210, 283, 200-4R, Power steering, Power Brakes

Member #:3
    Quote Originally Posted by NCW View Post
    Beat me to it, well said. I was also thinking Sid had re-established that we would no longer do this childish crap. This is not building the site.
    Agreed ,
    It does nothing good to belittle someone because of what they like or have , I know of 3 Cars here in Kelso Washington that have Chevelle Rotors. The owners of them love them. They also have Carbs on them and Love that also .

My 34 Coupe has injection on it and I hate it ! I'm thinking of installing a Carb on it , if I want new stuff I will drive my wife's car or my Truck.

But that's my Taste and that all it matters to me

Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast