I am a new guy on this board but not a new guy to posting on boards. There is another board I have been on since 2006 and have over 5,000 posts on it. It is a very active board. One of the things I notice on here is the lack of people posting. There is a thread on there called the Good Morning Thread. People just post what they are going to do that day and what they have planned. I have not been a part of it but I will now that I retired last Friday. This is my attempt to start the same kind of thread here. It can be brief as "I am going to the dentist today" or I am pulling my transmission today. If folks on here are interested, they will post on this thread. If not, the thread will just fade away. Although it is not tomorrow morning, I will go ahead and start my first post.

Since I was forced into retirement (hey I am 71), I will be filing for the Cobra on my dental insurance since my wife has some unfinished dental work. I will then file for unemployment since I was actually laid off. Then I will start on the bucket list of things I plan on now that I am retired. I have to say I am excited about being retired. I have a few things I have to complete before I start on my 57. Right now I am just collecting parts and spending money.