Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Danchuk odometer decals

Member #:39

Danchuk odometer decals

If any of you are thinking about ordering odometer decals from Danchuck, don't. Here is a pic of what I got. Notice at the bottom, the 8s, 9s, and 0s all have the cut through the right side. Even the white ones. Unusable. Also notice inspected by 1-in. I think he needs his glasses changed. I called and told them about them. This was with over a $400.00 oder. They only cost $6.00. They wanted me to send them back at my expense. They would send me another set, and charge me another $7.00 shipping. I ask them to just put them in an envelope with a stamp and mail them. He said that they couldn't do that because they didn't trust the mail. I got my statement the next day by mail. Guess they trust the mail for that. I haven't ordered anything else from them. If they want to lose a customer for $6.00 thats OK.
    Last edited by 5Clint7; 05-01-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Registered Member

Member #:234
    Danchuk customer "service" leaves a lot of room for improvement ; my Danchuk beef is IE9 incompatibility , and their refusal to do online Paypal business or ship by mail(USPS) . Mutton Hollow and East Coast Chevy have benefitted from Danchuk's refusal to get with the program , or at least modernize their systems . Danchuk tells me to change my browser to Firefox or IE8 , and my reply was , RIGHT ; kiss my ass. Some just get too big too fast and think they're Gods . No reason why they can't mail those odometer numbers to you ; they probably just have a contract deal that everything goes by courier . Hope you get things straightened out with them , but I wouldn't hold my breath . Be safe...Bob.

Member #:516
    I've never ordered from Danchuck and don't know if I will ever. When I was in High School I sent in an order using a cut out add from a magazine for one of their catalogs. Me being a trusting teenager sent $2-3 cash in the envelope and never got my catalog.

Member #:3
    Can one Spell CHINA , Sad but most companies buy from there . I call it Greed !!!!!

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Member #:115
    That odometer tape looks like junk. I can't believe they would even sell crap like that.

I had good luck with Danchuk until recently. While I got my issue resolved this time, it was like pulling teeth to get them to address a quality problem. I dealt directly with their Operations Manager in both cases. A year ago I got quick service and I was impressed with the response. This time, I couldn't get an e-mail reply, nor would the same person even talk to me on the phone. I will go elsewhere now when I can.

Some stuff made overseas is a lot better quality, and lower priced than US made stuff. It's pretty sad that a lot of stuff can't be made in the US at a decent price anymore. We have priced ourselves right out of the world market.
    Last edited by chevynut; 05-01-2012 at 09:18 PM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:133
    That sucks Clint. Maybe someone should call Peter at Danchuk and fill him in or email him this link so he can see what people are saying. I`ve bought over 5 grand of stuff through them in the past year and most was pretty good, but did get a few pieces of chrome or stainless that was less than perfect shall I say. They did come through for me on repalcements for the lesser quality stuff but that was done through their dealer who me the hardware.

Thanks for the heads up on the less than perfect tape. Looks like lack of quality control I`d say!