Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MP&C
    Registered Member
    • Dec 2013

Bead roller with tank roll dies would help out.

Last edited by MP&C; 07-20-2023, 04:06 AM.
    Robert

MP&C Shop Projects-Metalshaping Tutorials

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

Comment

• WagonCrazy
      Registered Member
      • Mar 2012

Wow! its been over a year since I posted anything about my Nomad build. Life has just thrown me some curves and delays, but I'm still at it.

Lately I've had to rebuild a leaky power steering pump (2002 camaro pump) and figure out where coolant was leaking from (custom alum fitting welded at the bottom inlet to the radiator sprung a pinhole leak). Both fixed and back on the road again.

I did end up getting a roll-over die set (as MP&C shows in the video above) and will soon get going with fabricating the rest of the interior sheetmetal. Pics to come as I move into that mode.

I had a health surprise early in 2024, and am now on the back end healing process of triple bypass surgery (to avoid an imminent heart attack) that has me feeling like I'm 30 again. I'm back out in the garage and back to work and back to life! Woo hoo! Dodged another bullet as they say.
      1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
      1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Comment

• chevynut
        Registered Member
        • Nov 2011

Wow, you're not that old are you? So far I've been able to dodge the health issues. I've noticed my eyesight is getting worse, and doc told me I'm getting cataracts in my right eye. My wife and I went through the Lifeline Screening health check and they found nothing with their tests....I don't know why an annual physical doesn't cover those
        things.

Good to see you back on the Nomad. I hope to drive mine soon, with or without the interior.
        56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
        56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
        57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
        1962 327/340HP Corvette
        1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
        2001 Porsche Boxster S
        2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
        2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Comment

• WagonCrazy
          Registered Member
          • Mar 2012

62 years old. 3 arterial clogs...2 at 90 percent, the other one at 99 percent. It was all of a sudden one day, during heavy exercise that I started feeling tightness in my chest and nausea. It went away after a few minutes, and then did it again the next day (when I got my heartrate going during exercise). When it did it the 3rd day in a row, I know I needed to see a cardiologist. took 6 weeks to get a first appt, then a treadmill stress test (which I told him I was going to fail) and then an angiogram, and he saw the blockages and said "you need bypass surgery...I can't stent these". He said you are young enough to recover quickly, and if you'll clean up your eating and lose some weight...you'll probably live another 30 years and die from something else.

Next thing I know, I'm on the surgery table at UCLA Hospital with the top dog in the business doing the procedure. 5 days in the hospital, the released to home and it took about 2 weeks to gradually feel much better. Been exercising and lost 25 pounds (with 15 more to go) and feeling SO MUCH BETTER. I was fortunate to NOT have a heart attack somewhere unexpected. We all know guys who are dropping like flies from heart attacks these days.

Back to the fun and games with old cars!
          1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
          1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Comment

• busterwivell
            Registered Member
            • Dec 2016

Glad you avoided a heart attack. I've had two. They are a "side effect" of a chemo drug they had me on for about 5 years. I have a total of 8 stents. Yesterday, I had something called a nuclear stress test. Get the results next week. I need to lose about 15 lbs, and I'm sure I'll hear that next week.

Comment

• BamaNomad
              Registered Member
              • Nov 2016

All that seems to come with 'being of an age'... meaning we are old farts and crap happens to old farts..

Comment

Working...