Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: My '55 Belair 2 Door Hardtop Build (sort of

Banned

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Anyone ever heard of using Liquid Nails as seam sealer, cost a fraction of the 3M stuff.
    No, but I'm going to try this advertised on TV sealer I picked up at Menards for like $12.
    IMG_9340.JPG

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I got the tip from a guy who has painted more show cars that anyone else in my part of the world. I used it with great results on a 66 Mustang floor pan replacement.

Member #:516
    Well my son and I got my passenger front floor pan welded in, I justneed to clean up the welds. It took 2+ hours. About mid night I woke up and couldn't open my eyes and they were on fire and felt like sand was in them! I couldn't see!!! It took over 12 hours for me to open my eyes and be able to see!!! One thing that makes me feel STUPID was my wife came out to watch and I told her not to look at the light!! Well the other thing that made me feel STUPID was I didn't wear a helmet or googles the whole 2+ hours. I'm finally getting back to normal after two days!!! STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!

Hello Long time no post!!! Well I haven't done much to my '55 but some minor progress. As I stated above I got the passenger foot well in and I finally got the drivers foot well out and hope to get it welded in soon!!! I do have a question... in the firewall pic there's a hole right next to the steering column clamp, if I remember right that was for the clutch linkage when I had a four speed. Is that correct? I plan on welding it shut. Anyway I hope I get more done soon.

Driver Floor Hole.jpg

Pass Floor Pan.jpg

Fire Wall Hole.jpg

Member #:3718
    Wow - it's interesting how all of these cars seem to rust about the same. I feel like I'm looking at pictures of mine a few weeks back.
    Last edited by chasracer; 09-07-2021 at 05:09 PM.
    Remember the "13"

Hello All,

I haven't done a lot to my '55 since the last post. With all of the meds I take I have no energy to do anything!!! Anyway my son (who just had his first son) came down a bit ago and welded in the drivers floor pan, all that's left is the 8" x 8" hole where the shifter was and I'm going to try to do it myself. I have torn the whole front suspension off and have been working on blasting and painting all of the components. Once that's done next is to lift the body and roll out the frame. Hopefully this will happen before mid summer. Have a good one!!!

Registered Member

Member #:625
    8x8 for a shifter, kind of big, I think the same guy installed mine. At least he did not use a chainsaw or jackhammer like the guy on my 67 Camaro.

Yeah it's big but I did that to get a nice square even hole. It had several pieces scab welded in and I wanted it clean.

Well I guess I should do an update on my "build" I've finally got all of my suspension completed!!! Now I just need to finish the floor, then pull the frame. Probably a long while for that process!!

Comtrol Arms.jpg
    Last edited by Troy; 06-10-2022 at 05:36 PM.

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    A-arms are looking great!

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast