Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: My '55 Belair 2 Door Hardtop Build (sort of

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Member #:516

My '55 Belair 2 Door Hardtop Build (sort of

Hey All Don't get too excited yet I'm just setting up and starting a build thread to fill in as I go. I'm just in the planning and ordering of parts stage. This build will take A LONG TIME as I don't have a ton of money. I also have to reconfigure my garage as my oldest son takes up a lot of space with his Outlaw Sprint Kart.

The story of my '55 is that my father bought the car for me in '72 when I was 10 years old. He told me I could have it when I turned 16 and paid for one year of insurance. He also told me as well as my sister and two step brothers that he would buy our first tank of gas and put on a set of mag wheels and tires (what a dad)! I turned 16 paid for insurance and was off to the auto parts store for the first aftermarket parts for it, I put a 10" Cal Custom steering three spoke steering wheel on it. I soon learned the meaning of leverage!!!

Before I went to Arizona for design school my dad and I painted it '67 Corvette Rally Red, it was sharp. While in Phoenix I rear ended an old lady turning into a parking lot and a drunk at a bar backed down the drivers side from just behind the door to the rear bumper so I need to replace the lower quarter.

Anyway I've had it since, it moved from California to Central Oregon to Western Montana back to California then to Phoenix Arizona for school and back to California where I've settled with my family. I've promised the '55 to my oldest son Troy Jr., He can't wait. I wanted to paint it the original colors, Neptune Green and Shoreline Beige but he's color blind to green so it's Grabber Blue and Beige or White.

I've been ordering parts for the build here's a list so far.

Radiator - two row 1 1/4" tube aluminum

Fan Shroud - Steel

Front Disk Brakes - with 2 1/2" drop spindles

Power Brake Booster, master cylinder, proportioning valve.

2 inch Lowering blocks for the rear axle.

Stewart Warner retro green stripe gauges.

Corvette rally wheels 16" x 8"

Steering wheel and adapter kit.

Complete wiring harness.

Complete new Moog suspension rebuild components

Urethane body mount kit.

I've figured out what Ciadella interior kit I'm going to order.

The engine was recently rebuilt and detailed.

New stereo - AM/FM CD with aux and bluetooth

Stainless Mufflers (I will replace whole system with stainless)

When Dad bought it for me 1972

My-55-1972.jpg

Me at 16 detailing engine compartment

My-55-Chevy.jpg

Fresh out of paint
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Troy; 07-11-2019 at 06:56 PM.