Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: 39 Ford Project

Member #:1723
    Smooth! Nice job!

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    It's going to be very nice when you're done, Brian. With all the work, you might consider putting an LS or LT motor in it. They idle/run very smooth, have lots of power, don't leak oil, and are easy to install (at least my experience). Good work!

Member #:3217
    I agree totally with Richard! (might be the first time??? *L* .. Not really, we usually agree but have no problems voicing our differences when we don't!)..

I too think you might want to consider an LS engine... pretty reasonably priced, great performance and mileage, and lighter weight on the front of that 39!

Registered Member

Member #:625
    More of a traditional SBC guy muself never cared for ugly plastic engine covers.

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    There are really nice two piece polished aluminum valve/coil covers available, not cheap, but nice. A number of manufacturers make them.

Registered Member 55 Rescue Dog's Avatar

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    More of a traditional SBC guy muself never cared for ugly plastic engine covers.
    I have no idea of what your beautiful SBC looks like, but after many daily driven SBC's I've seen, the LS engines are a work of art, covers and all. Chrome valve covers and air cleaner were all it took decades ago to look cool, but no faster.

Member #:2442
    Thanks guys. A LS engine would be nice but the plan for this car is a small block chevy with a carb. Trying to keep it as simple and low budget as possible so the most modern technology will be an electronic ignition distributor.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    I have no idea of what your beautiful SBC looks like, but after many daily driven SBC's I've seen, the LS engines are a work of art, covers and all. Chrome valve covers and air cleaner were all it took decades ago to look cool, but no faster.
    When you pop the hood with 3x2 carbs or a Tunnel Ram with 2x4s you don't need a plastic cover.

Registered Member 55 Rescue Dog's Avatar

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    When you pop the hood with 3x2 carbs or a Tunnel Ram with 2x4s you don't need a plastic cover.
    Is that what you are running? Still waiting for a pic.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122